COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Liep

So the state media is reporting that getting an AZ or Johnson vaccine is stupid as it gambles your own life and puts the health system under an unfair workload. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

:bleeding:

Incidentally I think I saw a story that German researchers think they have identified what may be the cause and if they're correct it is something that can be fixed in the manufacturing - but can't remember where it was. But clearly great news if we can eliminate even that tiny risk (and potential burden) :lol:

And, in fairness, context matters. If everyone's covid cases were as low as Denmark's it might be true. But they're not and my fear is people just see the negative story and not the context of very low case numbers and covid risks.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 27, 2021, 02:23:20 PM
And, in fairness, context matters. If everyone's covid cases were as low as Denmark's it might be true. But they're not and my fear is people just see the negative story and not the context of very low case numbers and covid risks.

I think if there's under 200 cases per 100,000 and the unvaccinated population is below 40 then it's true. I goes right out the window though when you see clusters like the ones Britain is getting with the Indian variant and the problem is they can evolve quickly.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

My partner has her AZ appointment set now in two weeks as the other vaccines are still in short supply here and it does not look like non-priority patients get an mRNA vaccine here in the next weeks as all the second doses have to be administered and then children will likely get priority for mRNA vaccines...

The Larch

Over here we also have a mess regarding the 2nd AZ dose. Its delivery had been frozen until it was decided what to do about it, as the government wanted to phase it out, giving a Pfizer shot to those that received an AZ shot for their 1st dose, but some regions insisted in being allowed to use a 2nd AZ shot instead (I guess they still had a significant amount of doses stored). It was finally decided to allow offering a 2nd AZ shot, but people had to specifically ask for it (Pfizer would be the default one) and give consent ahead of it (and in the initial run it seemed that the overwhelming majority of people, 90%+, were sticking with a 2nd AZ shot rather than opting for the Pfizer one). Now it seems that the central government is mad at some regions that are actively encouraging people to get the 2nd AZ shot rather than the theoretically default option of Pfizer, as that seemed to be the agreement between the government and the regions.

Jacob

Recent reporting in BC is that if you got AZ or Moderna for your first shot, you still may get Pfizer for the second. Mostly due to supply issues and, I suppose, the science showing it's more or less the same level of effectiveness.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 27, 2021, 02:23:20 PM
:bleeding:

Incidentally I think I saw a story that German researchers think they have identified what may be the cause and if they're correct it is something that can be fixed in the manufacturing - but can't remember where it was. But clearly great news if we can eliminate even that tiny risk (and potential burden) :lol:
If they can't remember where it was that need to be fixed, how is it a good news?  :hmm:
;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on May 27, 2021, 05:08:40 PM
Recent reporting in BC is that if you got AZ or Moderna for your first shot, you still may get Pfizer for the second. Mostly due to supply issues and, I suppose, the science showing it's more or less the same level of effectiveness.
I missed that.  Last I heard, last week I think, or the one before, Canada was still recommending we get two doses of the same vaccine.

EDIT:
I mean, two AZ, or one Moderna&one Pfizer, avoid mixing AZ with Moderna or Pfizer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 27, 2021, 04:44:00 PM
Over here we also have a mess regarding the 2nd AZ dose. Its delivery had been frozen until it was decided what to do about it, as the government wanted to phase it out, giving a Pfizer shot to those that received an AZ shot for their 1st dose, but some regions insisted in being allowed to use a 2nd AZ shot instead (I guess they still had a significant amount of doses stored). It was finally decided to allow offering a 2nd AZ shot, but people had to specifically ask for it (Pfizer would be the default one) and give consent ahead of it (and in the initial run it seemed that the overwhelming majority of people, 90%+, were sticking with a 2nd AZ shot rather than opting for the Pfizer one). Now it seems that the central government is mad at some regions that are actively encouraging people to get the 2nd AZ shot rather than the theoretically default option of Pfizer, as that seemed to be the agreement between the government and the regions.
Here the regulators that in all of the data of tens of millions of doses in the UK and EU there are no blood clotting cases following the second jab. So the approach is basically if you got AZ, you still get AZ. So I'll be getting my second dose of AZ in a week or so.

If you're under 40 you get to choose - but my understanding the default is Pfizer or Moderna.

I swear I'd read that some regulators were doing studies on mixing and matching doses and I'm sure it's fine but it feels a bit weird to be choosing to do it when you have enough supplies that you don't need to.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I was able to get my first.
Very bizarre experience, a cross section of the population all shuffling into the basketball arena. Like something out of Dr Who.
I got Pfizer. Seems yep, if you're under 40 thats what you get.
So far all good. After a few hours my arm is starting to feel a bit numb but not painfully or unworkably so.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 28, 2021, 10:12:54 AM
I got Pfizer. Seems yep, if you're under 40 thats what you get.
So far all good. After a few hours my arm is starting to feel a bit numb but not painfully or unworkably so.

Worst I think it typically gets is up to level of a overworked out muscle/bruise. I kept off that side for one night and then was fine after.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on May 27, 2021, 05:08:40 PM

It is going to be a choice for those who received AZ.  Not sure what is happening for those who got Moderna.  Mrs. CC just got her appointment for her second shot next week, so we shall see - Moderna was her first jab.

Also BC has reached 61% first jab coverage.  That would be higher but the 12-17 year olds are only at 9% since that just started.  Most age groups are in the 70% ranges.

The Larch

It has been announce that my age group will start getting vaccinated next week. It has made me slightly anxious.  :ph34r:

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 05:58:39 AM
It has been announce that my age group will start getting vaccinated next week. It has made me slightly anxious.  :ph34r:

How so? Vaccine uncertainty or "I best not get covid before"?

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 31, 2021, 06:08:01 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 05:58:39 AM

How so? Vaccine uncertainty or "I best not get covid before"?

I don't like needles...  :ph34r: