COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2021, 01:39:34 PM
I wonder if the people who get such side effects after their first dose have already been exposed to the virus.  My understanding is that the reason it's usually the second dose that knocks people down is that the first dose encounters a body that hasn't yet learned to repel the virus.

Perhaps, but if I had COVID before, I probably would not be alive to get the vaccine.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 20, 2021, 02:04:57 PM
CC: less healthy than Donald Trump.

Yes, I would say definitely.

Thanks for being an ass about it.

Eddie Teach

My apologies. Your posts in the fitness thread suggested otherwise.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Thanks guys from posting about your jabs, reminded me to check up if I was eligible yet for my 2nd dose; turns out I am, eight weeks now, got the last appointment at my favoured site and it's tomorrow.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 20, 2021, 03:05:41 PM
My apologies. Your posts in the fitness thread suggested otherwise.

I accept your apology.  If you read a bit more in that thread, you will see that the reason I began exercising so much is to clear out my lungs so that my lung disease does not kill me.  The reason for this is that antibiotics were beginning to become less effective and so I had to find a way to avoid infections from occurring.   That seemed to work and it has been three years now since my last infection.  So while my fitness level is much better than the Orange Man, his lungs are definitely better than mine.

Legbiter

Just about everyone over 50 and those with underlying conditions here in Iceland has been jabbed at least once. Next week we'll start random vaccinations in the cohorts that are left.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 05:37:27 AM
Just about everyone over 50 and those with underlying conditions here in Iceland has been jabbed at least once. Next week we'll start random vaccinations in the cohorts that are left.

You can say helots. We're all grown-ups here.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

2nd shot today of pfizer. Moved on quickly to recreational drugs, the world's hobby.
humans were created in their own image

viper37

I feel much less tired than before, ever since I've been vaccinated (closing on two weeks).  Might be a coincidence, or I did have covid when I thought it was the flu back in 2020, before it officially started spreading here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: saskganesh on May 22, 2021, 03:38:20 PM
2nd shot today of pfizer. Moved on quickly to recreational drugs, the world's hobby.

I hope it was high quality recreational drugs from the world renowned Canopy Growth family of products.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 20, 2021, 01:40:42 PM
Perhaps, but if I had COVID before, I probably would not be alive to get the vaccine.
My understanding is that the high risk conditions don't make it more likely to have a severe case, it just makes severe cases much less survivable. My Dad has a degenerative lung condition-- he's down to about 40%-- and he pulled through with a couple days in the hospital for observation.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2021, 05:45:01 PM
I hope it was high quality recreational drugs from the world renowned Canopy Growth family of products.

Not only are you an investor, but you are also a customer!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2021, 09:43:12 PM
Not only are you an investor, but you are also a customer!

You know, I'm not sure.  The packaging doesn't have any company info.

Liep

So I signed up for the voluntary AZ or J&J jab, as I would be looking at at least 3 months wait before I'd get a last jab with an mRNA (assuming Curevac is approved and meets delivery :hmm:). Should get a consultation soon and hopefully be offered a Janssen shot shortly after.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk