COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Josephus

I booked for next Friday, part of the 55+ plan, newly introduced in Ontario.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

I've been fully-vaxxed for almost a month now; the wife is currently couch-ridden after being whammied by her second dose from Thursday night.
Experience bij!

Liep

So it seems they'll offer the AZ vaccine on a first come first serve basis at the end of May. Should I try and get it or wait for the September/Octoberish Pfizer jab? I'm leaning heavily towards the sooner the better.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Do you think that the risk of getting Covid from May to October or the risk of vaccination side effects is higher? Depends on your personal circumstances and environment. Also there may soon be more restrictions on non-vaccinated persons than on vaccinated persons...

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2021, 05:26:49 AM
So it seems they'll offer the AZ vaccine on a first come first serve basis at the end of May. Should I try and get it or wait for the September/Octoberish Pfizer jab? I'm leaning heavily towards the sooner the better.

I'd go for the AZ. The risk is extremely low, and the one or two people that did clot tend to be pre menopausal women.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Legbiter

Worth a try Liep. You're gonna kick yourself in the backside if you don't apply and then you get slotted a vaccine appointment on the last day of October. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Quebec's Immunology committee justifies not using AZ with under 45s in that the risk of Blood clots is higher than the risk of ICU hospitalization in that population.

Also here, under 45s are under diagnosed (we don't go to the doctor often enough) for a slew of issues that would make AZ even more riskier.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Do you plan to travel this summer? If so, getting the vaccine as early as possible would be desireable.

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on May 03, 2021, 05:38:13 AM
Do you think that the risk of getting Covid from May to October or the risk of vaccination side effects is higher? Depends on your personal circumstances and environment. Also there may soon be more restrictions on non-vaccinated persons than on vaccinated persons...
Does it really depend on it?  Are the highest risks of the vaccine in any way comparable to the lowest risk of Covid?

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on May 03, 2021, 06:57:13 AM

Do you plan to travel this summer? If so, getting the vaccine as early as possible would be desireable.

I was actually hoping to visit your part of Spain or northern Portugal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

So my sister and her boyfriend who are several years younger than me and have no health issues have had theirs. Seems they're a lot more freely available in Wales.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on May 03, 2021, 05:59:35 AM
Worth a try Liep. You're gonna kick yourself in the backside if you don't apply and then you get slotted a vaccine appointment on the last day of October. :hmm:

They claim it's late August for second jab, but that seems unlikely now as they've just cancelled J&J too.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2021, 01:21:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 03, 2021, 06:57:13 AM

I was actually hoping to visit your part of Spain or northern Portugal.

Well you better keep me updated about that!  :lol: Any particular plans or ideas? If you need any help or tip just let me know!  :)

KRonn

Massachusetts is soon going to cut back on the mass vaccination sites and encourage more local venues to give vaccinations. That'll be doctor offices, pharmacies and maybe town halls. My town gave shots for a short time until supplies became scarce. Apparently now there are a lot more vaccines available and the state has about 4million people partially or fully vaccinated. Looks like some pressure is off. As I said earlier, I did get my shot at a local site, a few miles from me, in a clinic run by one of the hospitals in my health care system.

DGuller

I wonder how many doses would be wasted once vaccinations are done haphazardly on demand.  Once you're not putting people on a conveyor belt to vaccinate them, I imagine that a lot of these six-shot vials are going to be used for a dose or two before spoiling.