COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Zoupa

@cc and/or @Jacob, looking at the BC vax registration, I see:

Register
I'm born in 1961 or earlier (60+) or I'm Indigenous and born in 2003 or earlier (18+)
You can register now.

People who are clinically extremely vulnerable
You can register now.

I don't think that applies to you cc, so how did you manage to register?

Valmy

Getting my #2 on Wednesday! Looking forward to it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: PDH on March 31, 2021, 09:43:26 AM
Today is peak immunity day for me - 2 weeks since my 2nd jab of the Pfizer.  I plan to return to licking doorknobs again.
wait you stopped??  :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2021, 10:49:44 PM
Getting my #2 on Wednesday! Looking forward to it.
yeah second Pfizer is on Tuesday for me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on April 10, 2021, 09:45:20 PM

Register
I'm born in 1961 or earlier (60+) or I'm Indigenous and born in 2003 or earlier (18+)
You can register now.

You can register now.

https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/

I think they just put you in the backlog or something. I just looked at this - which seems to be what you're quoting. I've never seen that before.

I just went straight to the link I shared and registered. We did it for the entire family. Last night (at 1 AM) my father-in-law (he's the oldest in the household) got a text message saying that he could book an appointment, which we did for him this morning. Presumably they'll reach out to everyone as the the eligibility requirements move.

EDIT: I'm guessing the registration link I shared just spread virally and people went straight to it and registered, never knowing they weren't supposed to. Apparently more than 600,000 people have already registered, regardless of age or other eligibility. I don't really see the harm - and I don't think it puts anyone ahead in the queue - so if I were you I'd go ahead and register too.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2021, 10:51:50 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 31, 2021, 09:43:26 AM
Today is peak immunity day for me - 2 weeks since my 2nd jab of the Pfizer.  I plan to return to licking doorknobs again.
wait you stopped??  :rolleyes:

Doorknobs covered in lead paint are harder and harder to come by.  :(

fromtia

Quote from: Rasputin on April 05, 2021, 02:52:00 AM

Are you still in Saint Augustine?

Yes.

What's fascinating to me, at work is that there is now a significant number of my colleagues vaccinated, and yet there is a vocal number of unvaccinated hesitant/deniers continuing to parrot tales of an aunt/friend in brooklyn/uncle in Missoura who have had a profound negative reaction to the vaccine. it's always someone known only distantly (if at all) and the reaction of the apocryphal acquaintance is weeks in bed, hospitalization, an arm numb of feeling for days et cetera. Doesn't matter that you may work alongside a dozen people, who you see everyday, walking around completely untroubled by their recent vaccination. That's immaterial. The sort of Conservative folk tales are much more indicative of the effects of the vaccine, and a reason to not take it.  :hmm:
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on April 11, 2021, 06:29:24 PM

Yes.

What's fascinating to me, at work is that there is now a significant number of my colleagues vaccinated, and yet there is a vocal number of unvaccinated hesitant/deniers continuing to parrot tales of an aunt/friend in brooklyn/uncle in Missoura who have had a profound negative reaction to the vaccine. it's always someone known only distantly (if at all) and the reaction of the apocryphal acquaintance is weeks in bed, hospitalization, an arm numb of feeling for days et cetera. Doesn't matter that you may work alongside a dozen people, who you see everyday, walking around completely untroubled by their recent vaccination. That's immaterial. The sort of Conservative folk tales are much more indicative of the effects of the vaccine, and a reason to not take it.  :hmm:

Formtia, interesting first hand evidence; I've not encountered anyone spouting these 'folk tales', but then I'm not seeing many people and am actively avoiding all people I think might be anti-vaccination.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Rasputin

Quote from: fromtia on April 11, 2021, 06:29:24 PM

Yes.

I don't get the anti- vaxxers.

I'm in st Augustine a lot these days.

Who is John Galt?

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on April 11, 2021, 07:35:12 PM
Formtia, interesting first hand evidence; I've not encountered anyone spouting these 'folk tales', but then I'm not seeing many people and am actively avoiding all people I think might be anti-vaccination.  :)
And among groups who've been offered the vaccine up-take is very, very high here. The hesitant have broadly been convinced in those groups and it's just a rump of anti-vaxxers. Still work to do on younger people but I think they'll get it when offered too.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2021, 10:01:43 PM
And among groups who've been offered the vaccine up-take is very, very high here. The hesitant have broadly been convinced in those groups and it's just a rump of anti-vaxxers. Still work to do on younger people but I think they'll get it when offered too.

Yes I'm sure you're right. I was just thinking of one person who's into info wars/david Icke and so is someone I actively avoid. :bowler:

There's one or two others I can guess will have f'ing stupid opinions on Covid, so I'll assume they'll have poor hygiene/no mask wearing, so I'm not going near them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fromtia

The levels of vaccine hesitancy/conspiracy and covid denial are high here in the US among Republicans. I don't think it's a thing to the same extent in the UK.

Syt

Quote from: fromtia on April 12, 2021, 09:50:02 AM

The levels of vaccine hesitancy/conspiracy and covid denial are high here in the US among Republicans. I don't think it's a thing to the same extent in the UK.

https://twitter.com/Nat_Herz/status/1380650464685879296?s=20

QuoteUm: Anchorage public health researchers have identified young, conservative men as especially vaccine hesitant. So they want to highlight erectile dysfunction as a long COVID symptom and created a "PROTECT YOUR ERECTION, GET THE INJECTION" meme

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fromtia

Quote from: Rasputin on April 11, 2021, 09:05:42 PM

I don't get the anti- vaxxers.

I'm in st Augustine a lot these days.

Yeah its really odd. I think it's reasonable to describe vaccination as the number 3 public health triumph in human history, after cooking food and clean water. It's also odd how it's sort of metastasized into a right wing and Republican phenomenon, where twenty years ago it was sort of politically unmoored wealthy CA hippy bullshit. Good thing we didn't have facebook when we eradicated polio, we never would have done it.

DM me if you wish, we can get coffee.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on April 10, 2021, 09:45:20 PM

Register
You can register now.

You can register now.

You can register on the online system even if you are not now eligible.  When you do become eligible you then get a text telling you to make your appointment.  Right now there are about 800k registered who are not now eligible.

edit, or rather 800kish registered total and about 200kish of those who are now eligible.