COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 07, 2021, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 12:30:09 PM
Can you post pics of your fancy pantry?

I honestly don't know how to do so anymore since I can't just post it here. :( I'll post them on Facebook. Can I share them here after I do that?

I usually post stuff to imgur and then link them since I am old fashioned and set in the 2003 way of doing things. I used to use photobucket but then they got all needy. I think you can use Facebook though. Just copy the image address.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 07, 2021, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 12:30:09 PM
Can you post pics of your fancy pantry?

I honestly don't know how to do so anymore since I can't just post it here. :( I'll post them on Facebook. Can I share them here after I do that?

I usually post stuff to imgur and then link them since I am old fashioned and set in the 2003 way of doing things. I used to use photobucket but then they got all needy. I think you can use Facebook though. Just copy the image address.

imgur got all bitchy with me. I don't know how it works, I posted some pictures on there, and a bunch of people I don't know told me that I was doing it wrong. So I don't go there anymore. :mad:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Oh that does look nice.

I like your tile and the fact you are painting your house actual colors and not all the white shit HGTV keeps pushing on us.

And yeah IMGUR is confusing. They want to be like instagram and not just host pictures.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 03:06:09 PM
Oh that does look nice.

I like your tile and the fact you are painting your house actual colors and not all the white shit HGTV keeps pushing on us.

And yeah IMGUR is confusing. They want to be like instagram and not just host pictures.

I despise white walls.  :yucky:

I'm trying to decide if it's okay to go buy the trim tonight after work or no. :hmm: I'm not catchy, right? Even with a fever? :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 03:06:09 PM

There's a setting for sharing your pictures with the community or not. If you share - even by accident - you may get comments. If you don't share, no comments.

crazy canuck

We have a new online booking system where you can register to receive a jab even if you are not yet eligible.  Then you get contacted when one comes available.   This removes the lag between getting more vaccine and alerting the public to start booking - I am so close to the criteria of eligibility now, I am hoping to get a text soon to come on in....

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 07, 2021, 03:47:37 PM
We have a new online booking system where you can register to receive a jab even if you are not yet eligible.  Then you get contacted when one comes available.   This removes the lag between getting more vaccine and alerting the public to start booking - I am so close to the criteria of eligibility now, I am hoping to get a text soon to come on in....

Good luck!

Barrister

You don't qualify for being vulnerable due to all the breathing issues you've had over the last few years?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2021, 10:55:50 AM

You don't qualify for being vulnerable due to all the breathing issues you've had over the last few years?

I thought I would be, but looking into the details, I need to be on a certain list of medications - that I used to use.  But two years ago I was able to come off them because my exercise regime was clearing out my lungs instead.  The irony... 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 08, 2021, 11:06:18 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2021, 10:55:50 AM

I thought I would be, but looking into the details, I need to be on a certain list of medications - that I used to use.  But two years ago I was able to come off them because my exercise regime was clearing out my lungs instead.  The irony...

Well I think you're much better off not being on those medicines rather than getting a vaccine a couple months earlier if you were. :hug:

I've been rattled to realize I was fit the criteria for being "immunocompromised", even if that means I can get a vaccine soon.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

Got my first shot today.  I made an appointment, filled out my paperwork online, got a QR code and the requested identifications... and they didn't look at any of that.  They just asked me for my name and gave me a paper to fill out my information; and then the nurse took me to task at me for having illegible handwriting.  <_<

;)

Next shot is in the beginning of May.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

First shots for my Mom and Dad today. Pfizer-Biontech. Second shots in early May.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 09, 2021, 12:45:48 PM
First shots for my Mom and Dad today. Pfizer-Biontech. Second shots in early May.

:cool:

Hope you get your first soon, thought you're still a relative Languish youngster middle-age dude.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

The Fredericksburg, VA area health district has opened the vaccine to everybody, so I registered with the local hospital today and got the invite to schedule an invitation on the same day. Getting vaccinated with Pfizer on Tuesday.  :showoff:

My alternative was heading out to rural Virginia near Lynchburg, where they have a bunch of appointment slots and are taking everybody, but that would have been a 3.5 hour drive one-way, so I'm glad I was able to get an appointment a little closer.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Well shit.  Iowa must be getting hosed.  CVS and Walgreens have been fully booked forever.