COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

chipwich

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2021, 11:46:58 AM
I've been carefully watching the vaccination dates since I realized I was in the category for those being vaccinated now (those with risky pre-existing conditions).  They're going to birth year.

Today they moved it up to those born in 1973 or earlier.

I'm a 1975 birth year.

<_<

So government today announced we're moving backwards, re-introducing some restrictions since numbers are climbing rapidly.

But they also announce that as of tomorrow the "pre-existing conditions" category is being expanded to all age categories as of tomorrow (after they were just gradually increased today).

So I'm going to try my luck to book a vaccine tomorrow.  Will be tough since I'm also in trial.  Also it's purely on the honour system (no doctor's note required) so I predict a huge mess trying to book online.

(I think I mentioned it before, but my pre-existing condition is not having a spleen)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

DGuller

I remember you mentioning aspleenia or something like that. :smarty:

The Larch

My parents are a bit miffed at the moment regarding my region's vaccination strategy. They're both int he 65-75 age bracket, and my father has a pre-existing condition, but they're not scheduled yet to get their vaccines. My region only finished vaccination the over 80s this week, and started with the 75-79 and 60-65 age brackets right afterwards. Supposedly vaccinations are going to be much faster now, so maybe by the end of the month or may as the latest it'll be their turn.

There was a bit of a mess during the first day of mass vaccinations of these new groups after Easter, as some people turned up many hours ahead of schedule, and even days ahead.

merithyn

I got my second vaccination on Monday at noon. Was fine for around 24 hours then started dragging. The aches and pains started around the same time. By 36 hours, the fever kicked in. Fever broke overnight, but I can feel it coming on again now. My arm hurts, but no worse than any other bruises I've had. Now it's just this overall feeling of malaise.

Guess it's working? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

My dad had that experience after the second dose.  The first dose was nothing, but the second dose made him feel legitimately sick for some time.  He had the actual Covid as well a year ago, so I guess that doesn't count for much when it comes to avoiding the side effects.  I'll find out for myself this Saturday.  :ph34r:

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2021, 11:12:49 AM
My dad had that experience after the second dose.  The first dose was nothing, but the second dose made him feel legitimately sick for some time.  He had the actual Covid as well a year ago, so I guess that doesn't count for much when it comes to avoiding the side effects.  I'll find out for myself this Saturday.  :ph34r:

:hug:

I hope you're one of the ones who barely notices.

Barrister

Appointment set for April 23.   :ph34r:

I also have a call in to a local pharmacy - that may get me a quicker date.

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on April 07, 2021, 11:07:08 AM
I got my second vaccination on Monday at noon. Was fine for around 24 hours then started dragging. The aches and pains started around the same time. By 36 hours, the fever kicked in. Fever broke overnight, but I can feel it coming on again now. My arm hurts, but no worse than any other bruises I've had. Now it's just this overall feeling of malaise.

Guess it's working? :unsure:
That was my theory on day two after my first dose. On the one hand I feel awful and just want sympathy, on the other - at least my immune sytem's doing something which has to be a good sign :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Lesson learned: Don't paint the pantry after the COVID vaccine. Fever spiked, cold sweats hit, and now I feel like absolute hell.

On the plus side, the pantry looks pretty good. :D

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2021, 12:30:09 PM
Can you post pics of your fancy pantry?

I honestly don't know how to do so anymore since I can't just post it here. :( I'll post them on Facebook. Can I share them here after I do that?