COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2021, 01:22:09 PM
Let's definitely not do that.  If there ever was a time and place to keep the air dirty, we're living in it here right now.

:lol:

I concur. :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josephus

Looks like I qualify to get the Astra Zeneca one. I'll probably sign up for it. I was hoping to get the J-J one, cause it's just one shot.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fromtia

Vaccinated yesterday courtesy of the fine State of Florida. Part one of Pfizer. Got my little card that's making the libertarians cry (wait until they discover state ID) . A few of my colleagues at work have their first jab and a sizeable number are espousing some version of the Conservative media led hesitancy/resistance. The real far out ones aren't saying a word, but we have low turnover and we've all worked together long enough to know where they are at.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Tamas

First day after the AZ jab was fairly rough actually. I thought the worst of it was over by evening but then the fever-ish shivering restarted with a vengeance, so I spent the night well tucked in to try and sweat it out, which seem to have worked, as all symptoms apart from the arm being super-sensitive have ceased.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on April 03, 2021, 08:22:33 AM
First day after the AZ jab was fairly rough actually. I thought the worst of it was over by evening but then the fever-ish shivering restarted with a vengeance, so I spent the night well tucked in to try and sweat it out, which seem to have worked, as all symptoms apart from the arm being super-sensitive have ceased.

Sounds like a good response, similar to what my brother had.

I just had a few hours of shivering/being too hot and that was it, which I felt wasn't enough.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Or maybe you just have a stronger constitution. :)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

My 80 years old aunt got a AZ jab. Took 2 weeks for any symptoms to show up. They still linger but she told me it is mostly muscle soreness.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

my dad and his g/f had their first shot yesterday, second is scheduled for July.  Seeing as they are both outside chopping wood while I'm inside, still sick from another bronchitis, I'd say they did not suffer much adverse effects from this Pfizer shot.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Rasputin

Quote from: fromtia on April 02, 2021, 01:00:37 PM
Vaccinated yesterday courtesy of the fine State of Florida. Part one of Pfizer. Got my little card that's making the libertarians cry (wait until they discover state ID) . A few of my colleagues at work have their first jab and a sizeable number are espousing some version of the Conservative media led hesitancy/resistance. The real far out ones aren't saying a word, but we have low turnover and we've all worked together long enough to know where they are at.

Sorry for the partial hijack.

Are you still in Saint Augustine?

On topic, just got second dose of moderna last week. No real side effects other than mild fatigue. Should I be worried?
Who is John Galt?

MadBurgerMaker

I got my Pfizer microchip installed vaccine shots in January.  The first one just gave me a little fever for a few hours, but the second messed me up pretty bad.  The chills were the worst;  I just couldn't get warm at all, even with a heated blanket + heating pad + 4 or 5 more blankets on top.  The first night was the really bad one where I thought I might need to go to the hospital, then I was just kinda cold the next night, then all was good.  No weirdness after that. 

Barrister

I've been carefully watching the vaccination dates since I realized I was in the category for those being vaccinated now (those with risky pre-existing conditions).  They're going to birth year.

Today they moved it up to those born in 1973 or earlier.

I'm a 1975 birth year.

<_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."