News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Greatest crisps

Started by Josquius, February 17, 2021, 04:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which flavour of standard crisps is best?

Ready salted/plain
3 (15%)
Cheese and onion
3 (15%)
Salt and vinegar
5 (25%)
Prawn cocktail
0 (0%)
Beef/Bacon/BBQ/other meaty flavour
1 (5%)
Sour cream
0 (0%)
Paprika
3 (15%)
Spring onion/dill
2 (10%)
Something spicy
2 (10%)
Some weird foreign thing which I swear is totally normal where I am
1 (5%)
I hate crisps so much there isn't even one I hate the least
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on February 17, 2021, 08:55:24 AM
Yeah, Kettle are good. They've a far more rustic texture and just feel so much better than bog standard Walkers et al.
Sometimes they do really lean into this posh crisp vibe :lol:
Yeah I don't consider them normal standard crisps.

They're posh crisps - working definition: do you think you should put them in a bowl? :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

And incidentally the best standard crisp brand is obviously Taytos :contract:

I don't think any other crisps are so good that they've got a theme park:

:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I like the Kettle Mature Cheddar ones over here. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

I am horrified.  I was shocked when I encountered the "tato" plant in fallout 4.  I thought only in a game would people shorten "potato" to "tato". 

I just learned that some people shortened "potato" to "tayto" in real life.  This is beyond morally reprehensible. 

I have no words. 

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on February 17, 2021, 06:30:05 AM
Paprika

Yes. The only alternative to plain, back in the day.

Tamas

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 17, 2021, 08:56:55 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 17, 2021, 08:55:24 AM
Yeah, Kettle are good. They've a far more rustic texture and just feel so much better than bog standard Walkers et al.
Sometimes they do really lean into this posh crisp vibe :lol:
Yeah I don't consider them normal standard crisps.

They're posh crisps - working definition: do you think you should put them in a bowl? :lol:

I'm confused. Why would I not use a bowl (or at least a plate) for any crisp consumption?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Anyway, the best 'chip' experience is:

+

+

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2021, 09:28:13 AM

I'm confused. Why would I not use a bowl (or at least a plate) for any crisp consumption?

A.... plate?

Bowl, yes. Straight from the bag if noone's watching, yes.
A plate seems unnecessarily unwieldy.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2021, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2021, 09:28:13 AM

A.... plate?

Bowl, yes. Straight from the bag if noone's watching, yes.
A plate seems unnecessarily unwieldy.

Yeah, like having with a sandwich.

Threviel

I had an English colleague once that ate a handful of crisps and a sandwich for lunch each day. Boggles the mind.

Sheilbh

Could even have a crisp sandwich :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

I once saw a gaggle of high school girls eating a packet (or part of a packet) each of cookies for lunch. I guess that's less healthy.

Sheilbh

The crisps and sandwich is almost certainly because that's the core in a Boots/Tesco/Sainsbury's etc meal deal. Sandwich + snack (crisps or chocolate or something) + drink for £3-4 :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!