From the "Black People Arrest Themselves" files

Started by CountDeMoney, July 21, 2009, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Actually, we can find out easily who is lying in this case.  Gates claims that it was not Crowley, but another officer who arrested him and cuffed him:
Quotet looked like an ocean of police had gathered on my front porch. There were probably half a dozen police officers at this point. The mistake I made was I stepped onto the front porch and asked one of his colleagues for his name and badge number. And when I did, the same officer said, 'Thank you for accommodating our request. You are under arrest.' And he handcuffed me right there.
http://www.theroot.com/views/skip-gates-speaks?page=0,1

Crowley claims that it was himself who did so:
QuoteIt was at this time that I informed Gates that he was under arrest. I then walked up the steps, onto the porch and attempted to place handcuffs on Gates... after the cuffs were properly applied...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Actually grumbler, Crowley then says that his colleague cuffed Gates after complaints that they were too tight. So Gates was telling the same story as Crowly when he said that another colleague cuffed him. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

The ghetto is such a cruel place, filled with lies and police brutality.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

I did like "These actions on the behalf of Gates served no legitimate purpose." :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2009, 06:55:19 PM
Actually grumbler, Crowley then says that his colleague cuffed Gates after complaints that they were too tight. So Gates was telling the same story as Crowly when he said that another colleague cuffed him. :)
Read Gate's story again.  it is absolutely inconsistent with Crowley's.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: PDH on July 29, 2009, 06:56:40 PM
The ghetto is such a cruel place, filled with lies and police brutality.

The ghetto has its own culture and propagate urban legends of police brutality.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on July 29, 2009, 06:59:42 PM

I don't think so. After all, while most of his story is different, they both state that a colleague cuffed Gates (although Crowley states that he cuffed Gates first).

Siege

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2009, 07:01:53 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 29, 2009, 06:59:42 PM

I don't think so. After all, while most of his story is different, they both state that a colleague cuffed Gates (although Crowley states that he cuffed Gates first).

Who cares?
He should have shot the mothefucker and place an old, unconnected cell phone in his hand.
Hell, he could just drop the cellphone by his side.
Then say he saw something on his hand and felt threatened.
That's all you need to get away with  doing the right thing and making the world a better place.

Oh wait, what are we talking about?
This Gate guy isn't muslim, right?

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 05:08:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2009, 04:54:33 PM
It's odd that many of our more libertarian leaning posters seem so adamant about defending the police.  Police misconduct is so often a favorite issue in those type of circles.

Because Gates was like the rich man yelling at the working class cop.
He just happened to be black.

I didn't know you went in for Class warfare.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2009, 07:01:53 PM
Crowley says that he had a fellow officer move Gate's hands from behind to in front.  This is not consistent with "'Thank you for accommodating our request. You are under arrest.' And he handcuffed me right there."

Bayraktar!

Siege

I got my sight set on you
And I'm ready to aim
I have a heart that will
Never be tamed

I knew you were something special
When you spoke my name
Now I can't wait to see you again

I've got a way of knowing
When something is right
I feel like I must have known you
In another life
'cause I felt this deep connection
When you looked in my eyes

[Chorus:]
The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about
Felt like I couldn't breathe
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Lesley said "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can rest till then (a-whoa a-whoa)

I got this crazy feeling deep inside
When you called and asked to see me tomorrow night
I'm not a mind reader but I'm reading the sign
That you can't wait to see me again

[Chorus]

I got my sight set on you and I'm ready to aim

[Chorus]

(a-whoa a-whoa)

CountDeMoney

Poster warned for derailing thread with useless fucking song lyrics.  Douchebag.

Siege

That ain't fair.

Ypou are doing that because I am an immigrant that can barelly speak english.

Where are the joo lawtalkers when I need them?

Neil

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

But its gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
Its gonne take plenty of money
To do it right child

Its gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
Its gonna take patience and time, ummm
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right child
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.