From the "Black People Arrest Themselves" files

Started by CountDeMoney, July 21, 2009, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

CdM had to deal with this all the time when he was living on The Wire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 08:39:30 PM

Funny, black people avoided me for some reason.  Usually, they'd turn away in my presence, and quickly start walking the other way, acting like they were doing something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 08:39:30 PM

Funny, black people avoided me for some reason.  Usually, they'd turn away in my presence, and quickly start walking the other way, acting like they were doing something else.
I guess you earned your rep as a killing machine when you joined the force.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 09:04:33 PMI guess you earned your rep as a killing machine when you joined the force.

They just found out they were allergic to me, since they always broke out in handcuffs.  Worse than the sickle cell.
Ah, the heady days of me youth.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 09:12:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 09:04:33 PMI guess you earned your rep as a killing machine when you joined the force.

They just found out they were allergic to me, since they always broke out in handcuffs.  Worse than the sickle cell.
You and your racial profiling.  Just because all blacks do crimes doesn't mean it's alright to arrest them.

You'd probably arrest Obama, if you met him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 09:24:49 PMYou'd probably arrest Obama, if you met him.

Nah, I can tell the good ones from the silly ones.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 21, 2009, 09:24:49 PMYou'd probably arrest Obama, if you met him.

Well keep that info to yourself then. No snitchin'.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Just wait until he gets caught with a bag of coke and that Brazillian girl whose ass he was scoping out.

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 21, 2009, 09:41:22 PM

Well keep that info to yourself then. No snitchin'.
That only applies to blacks.  CdM is forever excluded.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 09:12:47 PM

You know, the Irish are not noted for their fondness for the colored.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2009, 11:19:29 PM
You know, the Irish are not noted for their fondness for the colored.
:yes:

"THEY'LL TAKE OUR JERBS!!!!!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 06:06:42 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 21, 2009, 05:39:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2009, 05:32:59 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2009, 11:16:54 AM
Charges dropped. ^_^
Now see, that was a mistake.

The alternative is finding a Assistant DA who would prosecute and a judge who would convict.  None of whom can be found withing the boundaries of Middlesex County.

Oh, bullshit.  It was a proper charge, and a proper arrest.  Of course, there's a difference between what's proper and what's necessary.  But we're not talking about a necessary arrest now.

By dropping the charges, they are not only invalidating their own department and saying they don't trust the judgment of a sergeant, they now open up the department for a much bigger lawsuit than what they were going to get anyway.
Dumb move to drop the charges.  You simply can't un-arrest somebody, which is exactly what they did.
Yeah, I read that and it seemed odd to me also that the cops just dropped the charges like that. Seemed like they did so under pressure, as this is all over the news, nationwide and especially here in the Boston area. Mayor of Cambridge was outraged and disappointed it happened, seeming to take the Professor's side immediately. This will become a huge cause celeb, and I wouldn't think it had to be that. It may have been a police officer acting badly, or the professor acting badly, and neither side is yet proven at all, but it's become a racial issue regardless of what really transpired. And that's a sad in its own way.

The Minsky Moment

Oh, bullshit.  It was a proper charge, and a proper arrest. 

It was a silly arrest and an embarassing incident for someone so senior in the department who should know better.  And the local DA's office is never going to prosecute this. Time to cut losses.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 22, 2009, 10:14:47 AM
Oh, bullshit.  It was a proper charge, and a proper arrest. 

It was a silly arrest and an embarassing incident for someone so senior in the department who should know better.  And the local DA's office is never going to prosecute this. Time to cut losses.

Indeed. A sergeant should know that in Cambridge the race card trumps everything, and should have accepted the professors verbal assault with humility and deference.

No way any DA is going to let this proceed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned