News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

So. Update! My district (NY-22) still does not have an officially elected representative in the House! My home county now needs to sort through over a thousand voter registration forms that were "misplaced"  that denied the filers their right to vote. Such an unbelievable shit show. American democracy in a nut shell this whole thing.  :yuk:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Currently the margin in NY-22 is 12 votes and in IA-2 6 votes according to CNN.com. I wonder if either will even be able to seat their rep before it is time to campaign for the 2022 election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I am represented by a liberal Democrat in Congress, believe it or not (Kentucky's only one) :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2021, 10:17:31 PM
I am represented by a liberal Democrat in Congress, believe it or not (Kentucky's only one) :cool:

And I am represented by a lying, lazy, incompetent piece of dogshit in human form. At least he is not Louie Gohmert, I guess that is the nicest thing I can say about him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Too bad.... I love my Rep (John Yarmuth).  Oh, he's also Jewish. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2021, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2021, 10:17:31 PM

And I am represented by a lying, lazy, incompetent piece of dogshit in human form. At least he is not Louie Gohmert, I guess that is the nicest thing I can say about him.

Hey, me, too! Also not Louie Gohmert. :hug:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2021, 10:14:05 PM
Currently the margin in NY-22 is 12 votes and in IA-2 6 votes according to CNN.com. I wonder if either will even be able to seat their rep before it is time to campaign for the 2022 election.

You mean now?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 20, 2021, 11:36:00 PM

You mean now?

Do you know something I don't? I was not aware either election was settled.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2021, 12:17:04 AM

Last I heard MMM (R) had won the Iowa 2nd (my disctrict!!!!) and it had been certified.

katmai

I'm represented by guy who has been in office longer than I've been alive.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 20, 2021, 11:36:00 PM

You mean now?

Campaign season never begins or ends.   :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2021, 12:25:04 AM

Last I heard MMM (R) had won the Iowa 2nd (my disctrict!!!!) and it had been certified.

I see. Quite the tight election. Just one to go then.

Malthus

I wonder when "election week 2020" will end ...  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2021, 04:47:30 PM
I wonder when "election week 2020" will end ...  :lol:
they have until Nov 2022 to fix it :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.