Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

They're happy with Nixon?

chipwich

Yes Republicans love criminals.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2022, 04:53:30 PM

Well, the theme is "Republican Presidents and shitposting about the current guy", so ....

Though to be fair, similar posts existed during the Trump era, though I don't know if the Democrat party posted one on their official accounts.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Yeah at least Nixon didn't own slaves.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on February 21, 2022, 04:58:06 PM
Yeah at least Nixon didn't own slaves.

... as far as we know.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

How'd they pick Coolidge and Nixon over Teddy? Still upset over 1912?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Who wouldn't have Nixon on their President's Day poster?! :o
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on February 21, 2022, 04:56:57 PM

Well, the theme is "Republican Presidents and shitposting about the current guy", so ....

Though to be fair, similar posts existed during the Trump era, though I don't know if the Democrat party posted one on their official accounts.

But for instance that's a mix of historical, democrat and republican presidents, not a fully partisan roster.

I also wonder about some of their other choices. They start with Lincoln because of course ("The party of Lincoln" seems to be a favourite slogan as of late in order to hide their current miseries), then jump to Coolidge... why exactly? And then ignore Hoover and Ford, so they don't even try to go chronologically in the XXth century.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2022, 05:05:41 PMBut for instance that's a mix of historical, democrat and republican presidents, not a fully partisan roster.
I know - I don't want to over-extrapolate, but this is why Democrats are bad at winning.

QuoteI also wonder about some of their other choices. They start with Lincoln because of course ("The party of Lincoln" seems to be a favourite slogan as of late in order to hide their current miseries), then jump to Coolidge... why exactly? And then ignore Hoover and Ford, so they don't even try to go chronologically in the XXth century.
Late 19th century isn't chock-full of great Presidents is it? Skipping Teddy is more odd. Calvin Coolidge is a huge deal for small government types.

With Ford maybe it's that they don't want to give Trump's next VP any ideas :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Teddy is on the outs with the current GOP.  Too much of a "Progressive".  Silent Cal signed the immigration act of 1924, a bill that outlawed non-white immigration.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2022, 05:00:49 PM
Who wouldn't have Nixon on their President's Day poster?! :o

I'd be ok with Nixon's head.  :P

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2022, 05:12:15 PM
Silent Cal signed the immigration act of 1924, a bill that outlawed non-white immigration.

Such small. Much freedoms.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2022, 05:05:41 PMBut for instance that's a mix of historical, democrat and republican presidents, not a fully partisan roster.
I know - I don't want to over-extrapolate, but this is why Democrats are bad at winning.

Because they're not fully unhinged partisan zealots?  :P

QuoteI also wonder about some of their other choices. They start with Lincoln because of course ("The party of Lincoln" seems to be a favourite slogan as of late in order to hide their current miseries), then jump to Coolidge... why exactly? And then ignore Hoover and Ford, so they don't even try to go chronologically in the XXth century.
Late 19th century isn't chock-full of great Presidents is it? Skipping Teddy is more odd. Calvin Coolidge is a huge deal for small government types.

Yeah, late XIXth century presidents seem to be rather forgettable to me, both Republican and Democrat alike. It's not until Teddy Roosevelt that you get a memorable character again.

QuoteWith Ford maybe it's that they don't want to give Trump's next VP any ideas :ph34r:

Well, who will want to be Trump's next VP given how he treated Pence?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2022, 05:17:09 PM
They're a political party - own it :P

It's a day about Presidents - elected politicians. There's two parties and you choose not to celebrate the Presidents from your party :blink: :hmm:

QuoteWell, who will want to be Trump's next VP given how he treated Pence?
I'm not sure Trump wins a primary actually. But I think you're vastly underestimating how many supine Republicans there are wiling to serve :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2022, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2022, 05:17:09 PM
They're a political party - own it :P

It's a day about Presidents - elected politicians. There's two parties and you choose not to celebrate the Presidents from your party :blink: :hmm:

Do we know how the Democrats have celebrated it? We only know that the GOP took the opportunity to snipe at Biden.

The image Syt posted was an example of the kind of stuff that was shared during Trump's presidency, not the Dems' official messaging.

QuoteWell, who will want to be Trump's next VP given how he treated Pence?
I'm not sure Trump wins a primary actually. But I think you're vastly underestimating how many supine Republicans there are wiling to serve :lol: :weep:

If he runs he'll take the primary by storm, nobody will want to face him within the GOP. And yeah, there's never a lack of bootlickers, but they should know what they're getting into.