News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've heard this trite from baby fascists before.
It's weird how they have built up this idea that they aren't actually that far right it's just the world is super far left.
It's just....Wut? This world? The Conservative dominated one? Really?

Interesting that they are learning from the left in putting their energy towards attacking the right though. That bodes well. I like this.

QuoteMost New Right activists see the Trump presidency as a salutary development. At the very least, they view Trump's success as a symptomatic expression of the novel forces at work in American life. "I'm still lukewarm on Trump, the man," Hochman said. "I think he's a moronic boomer who tapped into something by accident." Saurabh Sharma, a 23-year-old New Right activist,

Incidentally it is weird the amount of people from minorities who seem to absorb this strain of idiocy.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

It's been a theme on the American right - Buckley and Meyer etc reacting against the New Deal dominance and the American conservatives who were basically a bit more like British conservatives/Tory thought in their approach (trim the sails, adapt, Burke basically).

Having said it these guys don't think they are representing popular opinion and I think it's fair to say that if you're an integralist or looking at the Benedict option that the world, from your perspective, is pretty super far left :lol:

Also the energising force on the American right is culture and there has been a cultural revolution since the sixties on so many fronts and most people are part of/support that new settlement.

Meanwhile I get the sense that Democrats still don't just get this or how to fight/do politics :bleeding:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/05/roe-v-wade-democrats-2022-elections-523759
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on December 05, 2021, 06:18:59 AM
I've heard this trite from baby fascists before.
It's weird how they have built up this idea that they aren't actually that far right it's just the world is super far left.
It's just....Wut? This world? The Conservative dominated one? Really?

Interesting that they are learning from the left in putting their energy towards attacking the right though. That bodes well. I like this.

QuoteMost New Right activists see the Trump presidency as a salutary development. At the very least, they view Trump's success as a symptomatic expression of the novel forces at work in American life. "I'm still lukewarm on Trump, the man," Hochman said. "I think he's a moronic boomer who tapped into something by accident." Saurabh Sharma, a 23-year-old New Right activist,

Incidentally it is weird the amount of people from minorities who seem to absorb this strain of idiocy.
Because if you are a victim of persecution then all your failings are someone else' fault. 
PDH!

Oexmelin

This is my routine reminder that you need to get involved ASAP in local politics. As well as prepare mentally for what you will do when the Republicans overthrow election results. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/
Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 06, 2021, 05:38:25 PM
This is my routine reminder that you need to get involved ASAP in local politics. As well as prepare mentally for what you will do when the Republicans overthrow election results. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/

I shall redouble my efforts on behalf of the United Conservative Party of Alberta!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Anything you can do to salvage what you can from the moral bankruptcy of contemporary conservatism is appreciated.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 06, 2021, 05:38:25 PM

So what sort of things should we be mentally preparing to do?  What exactly am I suppose to do in local politics?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Vote Raz for dogcatcher!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Vote in local elections and stay informed on what is going on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

I'd also look up activist groups in your area - personally probably mainly around voting rights because I think that's the particularly essential one.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 06, 2021, 05:46:15 PM
Anything you can do to salvage what you can from the moral bankruptcy of contemporary conservatism is appreciated.
of course.  The left is pure, even when corrupt, it will save us! :)

Long live King Justin the 1st! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Don't know to where the GOP is going, but it is currently in a quite disgusting spot.

The guy in the bottom left of the pic is a Republican congressman from Kentucky:

QuoteIt is a festive family photo with seven broad smiles and a Christmas tree. But one other detail sets it apart: each member of the Massie family is brandishing a machine gun or military-style rifle.

The photo was tweeted last week by Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky, with the caption: "Merry Christmas! PS: Santa, please bring ammo."

Normal, very very normal.

Admiral Yi

That's the dude who called Kerry's Political Science degree "pseudoscience."  :D

Shelf:  what does looking up a voting rights activist group do?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
Shelf:  what does looking up a voting rights activist group do?
So you can join them and get involved.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2021, 09:21:09 PM
So you can join them and get involved.

And then...profit?

Lead me through step by step how that makes a difference.