News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Aaah, the rancid stench of theocracy...

QuoteFormer Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn calls for one religion in America

At a three-day conference in San Antonio, Texas, for the "ReAwaken America" tour, former national security adviser and keynote speaker Michael Flynn called for Christianity to become the singular religion of the United States.

"If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God, and one religion under God," said Flynn, who recently talked about his Christian faith in an effort to refute QAnon claims that he worships Satan.

At the conference, Flynn also discussed former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who was indicted by a federal grand jury for refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 Capitol riot. Flynn called the indictment an "abuse of freedom of speech."

Flynn also said he has taped a segment for "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on what he calls the "insurrection crucifixion," comparing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Pontius Pilate, the man who ordered the crucifixion of Jesus in the Bible.

"This is the crucifixion of our First Amendment freedom to speak, freedom to peacefully assemble. It's unbelievable," Flynn said at the conference on Friday.

The "ReAwaken America" tour features Flynn, other Trump loyalists, and anti-vaxx doctors, including Stella Immanuel and Scott Jensen, who have a history of spreading disinformation about the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Other Trump allies participating as speakers for the tour include Roger Stone, Mike Lindell, and Lin Wood.

Flynn also has a history of propagating conspiracy theories, such as COVID-19 vaccines being added to salad dressing, and previously claimed that COVID-19 was fabricated to distract from the 2020 election.

He served as the Trump administration's national security adviser and was pardoned in 2020 after pleading guilty to lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation about his communications with Russia.

Darth Wagtaros

Wasn't everyone becoming one faith part of Revelations?
PDH!

garbon

I'm not really sure why what Flynn says is newsworthy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 15, 2021, 07:40:22 AM

Wasn't freedom of religion part of the First Amendment?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 08:07:38 AM

Yeah, mocking senile old men for their drooling nonsense is unbecoming.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on November 15, 2021, 08:14:41 AM

That is typical Communist misleading nonsense. 

Judeo-Christian heritage.  Patriotism.  Moslem invasion. 
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 15, 2021, 09:48:17 AM

:huh:  I thought the invasion was by (mostly Catholic) Latin Americans.

I'm so out of tough with the Religious Reich's latest delusions.  :(

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 08:07:38 AM

He is America's next and last national security advisor. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

And he's still getting invited on TV where he's presumably seen by a not entirely insignificant audience.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on November 15, 2021, 08:14:41 AM

Just the freedom to choose which branch of anti-papal Christianity you prefer.  Except for that uppity heretic Anne Hutchison; she should burn too.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 15, 2021, 11:05:21 AM
And he's still getting invited on TV where he's presumably seen by a not entirely insignificant audience.

My thought is that such reports just magnify his inane thoughts for little tangible benefit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on November 15, 2021, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 15, 2021, 09:48:17 AM

:huh:  I thought the invasion was by (mostly Catholic) Latin Americans.

I'm so out of tough with the Religious Reich's latest delusions.  :(
In league with the Moslems.   Illegal immigrants are part of a global plot by China and the Taliban and Hollywood. They are all against you.  You alone are smart enough, strong enough, and wise enough to recognize it.  Which makes you much better than the sheep.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

I thought Q was a Trumpy. Is Satanism in now?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 11:16:50 AM
My thought is that such reports just magnify his inane thoughts for little tangible benefit.
But it is news, isn't it?

If Susan Rice was out there calling for a Communist revolution I think it would deserve reporting.

Although with Flynn the thing I always find baffling/alarming is how he rose up through the army and ended up head of the DIA before Trump, which strikes me as alarming.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2021, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 11:16:50 AM
But it is news, isn't it?

If Susan Rice was out there calling for a Communist revolution I think it would deserve reporting.

Although with Flynn the thing I always find baffling/alarming is how he rose up through the army and ended up head of the DIA before Trump, which strikes me as alarming.

Indeed.

How did someone so clearly unhinged get so high?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned