News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1424553962116718595

QuoteRand Paul today: "It's time for us to resist. They can't arrest all of us .. No one should follow the CDC." He then says he will introduce amendments to defund any govt agency that seeks to enforce CDC guidelines, including schools.

It's a bizarre two minute video.  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

In Kentucky you can actually read "might oughta" off a teleprompter.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2021, 12:46:17 AM

QuoteRand Paul today: "It's time for us to resist. They can't arrest all of us .. No one should follow the CDC." He then says he will introduce amendments to defund any govt agency that seeks to enforce CDC guidelines, including schools.

And that guy is supposed to be a doctor?

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on August 09, 2021, 03:13:23 AM

It's America. You can be a doctor and not remember that you weren't admitted to West Point.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

It's complicated, I guess? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rand-paul-ophthalmologist/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I am curious which CDC guidelines and which ones would actually get me arrested. And do you have to intentionally go against everything the CDC proposes to get your funding? Like if the CDC says the people with the flu should stay home should you intentionally pick up people with the flu and cram them into your offices in order to please Rand Paul?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on August 09, 2021, 10:05:33 AM
The GOP hates America :(

They really like viruses though.  All the Democrats need to do is put up a deadly pathogen for office; the Republicans will do whatever they can to help it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 09, 2021, 11:24:49 AM
Quote from: Jacob on August 09, 2021, 10:05:33 AM
The GOP hates America :(

They really like viruses though.  All the Democrats need to do is put up a deadly pathogen for office; the Republicans will do whatever they can to help it.

The Biden Administration should rename the CDC to the Centers for Disease Contagion, and force the Republicans to vote to double the infrastructure spending in order to double the contagion funding.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Stop and Frisk is okay but a mass mandate is not?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2021, 12:26:35 PM
Stop and Frisk is okay but a mass mandate is not?

Because that only affects people who are young, homeless or black.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I'm not a big fan of Dan Crenshaw and I'm not generally comparing him to McCain. But this reminds me of when McCain had to contradict a birther during the campaign - and we know what happened next:
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1425834466682015746?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Rand Paul's not dumb, he's just crazy.  Lots of smart people are crazy.  Remember that dude in A Beautiful Mind?  Smart, yet crazy.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

No, he's just cynical.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
No, he's just cynical.
I thought about saying "he's crazy or just pandering to fools", yeah.  But I really am convinced there is something wrong with him mentally.  Same with Tom Massie, one of our Reps who constantly says and does crazy shit as well.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points