News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2021, 10:49:29 AM
Does anyone in this thread have any idea how the healthcare systems in Cuba, North Korea and/ or the Soviet Union works/ worked?
Yes.  Like Quebec did before an infamous Supreme Court ruling.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Oexmelin

Entirely unsurprising. These two quickly realized their own brand of litigiousness, celebration of violence against black people and general assholitude is just what the Republicans value these days. They leveraged it into a spot at the Republican convention (remember that?) and will in all probability replace the Roy « Invisible Man » Blunt.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Grey Fox

These 2 are very shrewd. They turned a mid-week morning mistake into a permanent revenue stream.

It's the american dream at work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 04, 2021, 06:39:48 AM
These 2 are very shrewd. They turned a mid-week morning mistake into a permanent revenue stream.

It's the american dream at work.

At this point it's pretty clear there's a massive industry devoted to generating revenue from "triggering the libs" and virtue signalling the values of white supremacy. I think it's a bit of a low bar to call plugging into an industry fine-tuned to monetize any shred of notoriety shrewd. More like it'd be foolish to leave money on the table, if you don't have any moral compunctions against the right-wing grift circuit.

Iormlund

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 04, 2021, 06:39:48 AM

How is pointing a firearm at a crowd - finger on the trigger - a mistake?

Grey Fox

Well, for starter, it shows poor trigger discipline.

(I don't know what you are asking.)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Might be a misunderstanding, but I read your comment as if you thought what they did was a small fuck up.

To me it looks premeditated. They bought the weapons (and clearly not for hunting or practicing at the range) then decided to point them at people. It goes way beyond mistake at that point. A bit like a someone who kills a person while driving drunk.

Eddie Teach

No, just driving drunk. If the gun misfired and killed someone it'd be like killing someone driving drunk.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 05, 2021, 07:58:21 AM
No, just driving drunk. If the gun misfired and killed someone it'd be like killing someone driving drunk.

You are going to have a hard time arguing that the gun you are pointing at someone, with a finger on the trigger, simply misfired.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Iormlund on August 05, 2021, 07:38:41 AM
Might be a misunderstanding, but I read your comment as if you thought what they did was a small fuck up.

To me it looks premeditated. They bought the weapons (and clearly not for hunting or practicing at the range) then decided to point them at people. It goes way beyond mistake at that point. A bit like a someone who kills a person while driving drunk.

It was an example of very poor judgement, not a mistake.  If they'd have been black, they'd have been shot dead by the police.  Even as white people, they risked the cops misunderstanding their efforts to "trigger the libs" as an incipient murder, and been taken down in a righteous shoot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2021, 09:57:58 AM

You are going to have a hard time arguing that the gun you are pointing at someone, with a finger on the trigger, simply misfired.

You could drop it and a bullet go off. Obviously, shooting someone would be murder.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 05, 2021, 10:38:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2021, 09:57:58 AM

You could drop it and a bullet go off. Obviously, shooting someone would be murder.

If you drop it and it goes off, then it's still murder.  It's just not premeditated murder, as pulling the trigger would be.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

If you dropped it you would not longer be holding it with your finger on the trigger.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2021, 04:19:43 PM
If you dropped it you would not longer be holding it with your finger on the trigger.

The leper community frowns on your shenanigans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.