Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 22, 2021, 01:22:33 AM
Meet the man who will lose to such a mediocre person as Sarah Huckabee Sanders

https://youtu.be/iYMznvmx2oU
It's a good ad, but he has no hope of victory.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

You never know, maybe Sanders has been hanging out at the mall.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

That is just fucking depressing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 22, 2021, 01:22:33 AM
Meet the man who will lose to such a mediocre person as Sarah Huckabee Sanders

https://youtu.be/iYMznvmx2oU

Well, he hit all the right notes for me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2021, 04:50:54 PM
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1408049366036844544?s=20

:mellow: :blink:

I don't think that he understands the implications of his "execute the traitors" stance for the Trumpeters that tried to stop the election by invading Congress.  By next week OAN will be calling for the execution of the 84 million "traitors" who didn't vote for Trump.

How ironic that the fascists call their network the "One America Network."  It's like a direct play on "The Peoples' Democratic Republic" of X.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

This is my periodical reminder to Americans that American democracy is in peril and that you should get involved directly *now*.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

And we disagree about the optimal involvement.

Oexmelin

Hey, it's your country dude. By all means, I am sure a strongly worded letter to your representative about how your are not a crazy leftist is going to make a change.
Que le grand cric me croque !

HisMajestyBOB

How about a nice compromise?
Maybe we execute just a few hundred "traitors."
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Legbiter

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on June 25, 2021, 08:04:46 AM

This entire thread is Languish posters rewording their preferred media pundits deeply troubling mental health issues as their own. So me reading these moronic, deranged scribblings is what...third hand mental health issue exposure? :huh: :hmm:

Stop watching cable. Stop reading the NYT, etc. Live your life.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

I never do either of those things but somehow it all seems to filter down to me anyway. I know way too much about Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow for somebody who has never watched a second of either of their shows.

Stupid internet age.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on June 25, 2021, 02:05:28 PM

This entire thread is Languish posters rewording their preferred media pundits deeply troubling mental health issues as their own. So me reading these moronic, deranged scribblings is what...third hand mental health issue exposure? :huh: :hmm:

Isn't that the advice you gave us Yank posters when your guy Trump got elected?  Don't get your panties in a bunch, etc.

How did that turn out? 

Since I'm guessing you lack psychiatric training, I'll let you in a little rule of thumb I follow - when trying to identify media pundits with mental health issues, the guy talking about why his political opponents should be executed is the better candidate then the guys calling that guy out.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 25, 2021, 02:46:04 PM

Isn't that the advice you gave us Yank posters when your guy Trump got elected?  Don't get your panties in a bunch, etc.

Mental health recovery is often slow and relapses are common.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 25, 2021, 02:46:04 PM

How did that turn out? 

Since I'm guessing you lack psychiatric training, I'll let you in a little rule of thumb I follow - when trying to identify media pundits with mental health issues, the guy talking about why his political opponents should be executed is the better candidate then the guys calling that guy out.

Legbiter complaining about the posting of others being "moronic, deranged scribblings" is excruciatingly funny, because he simply doesn't demonstrate the slightest hint that he sees the irony in his moaning.  Only Mono comes along as less self-aware.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!