Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2021, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 17, 2021, 08:17:42 PM
Terrifying to me. 😄

I mean, as a patient, you are risking that your physician had prepared the stuff properly, that you will in fact get a *mild* form of a disease that can be fatal.
Yeah, totally terrifying.  Even more so than buying some chemical component designed to create hallucinations from a dude you barely know sitting at some street corner who got it from another dude who got it from a shady lab with naked working ladies (to prevent product theft) and a doubtful hygiene of the place compared to the usual sterilization of medical objects.

;)

That is one strange fantasy you have.  :lol:

Personally, I particularly liked getting magic mushrooms as my hallucinogen of choice - usually from one of those total mushroom fanatics, who grew them himself (apparently not that hard to do). Never had any quality control problems.

... but, sadly, no naked ladies involved.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2021, 06:15:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2021, 06:05:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 17, 2021, 01:06:43 PM
It still exists in labs though.  And you will be even less assured when you learn one of those labs is in Russia.

The premise of question is what would occur if someone injected themselves with it.  Since no one has been inoculated against it for a number of decades, it probably would kill millions.
a quick read suggests there are existing vaccines (haven't checked their efficiency) and I'm pretty sure I was vaccinated against this as a kid.

I'm positive that since smallpox was declared eliminated they no longer inoculate kids against it.  It wasn't amongst the various vaccines my kids were given.

You and I are old enough we may well have received the vaccine though.  That was around the time it was declared eliminated.

Edit: or maybe not - wasn't that the vaccine that caused a kind of divot scar in the upper arm you sometimes see in older people?

Nah, that's the original Polio vaccine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2021, 06:15:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2021, 06:05:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 17, 2021, 01:06:43 PM
It still exists in labs though.  And you will be even less assured when you learn one of those labs is in Russia.

The premise of question is what would occur if someone injected themselves with it.  Since no one has been inoculated against it for a number of decades, it probably would kill millions.
a quick read suggests there are existing vaccines (haven't checked their efficiency) and I'm pretty sure I was vaccinated against this as a kid.

I'm positive that since smallpox was declared eliminated they no longer inoculate kids against it.  It wasn't amongst the various vaccines my kids were given.

You and I are old enough we may well have received the vaccine though.  That was around the time it was declared eliminated.

Edit: or maybe not - wasn't that the vaccine that caused a kind of divot scar in the upper arm you sometimes see in older people?

You know if you have been vaccinated against smallpox:

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Back when I was  in Ukraine, I remember that one summer, in order to be allowed to go on vacation, our family (along with everyone else) had to be vaccinated with some two vertical razor swipes across the skin on the upper right arm.  I think this was due to an outbreak of something somewhere at the time.  Everyone who got vaccinated had a red vertical equal sign for a while on their upper arm.  I wonder what that vaccination was against.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2021, 08:18:00 PM
Back when I was  in Ukraine, I remember that one summer, in order to be allowed to go on vacation, our family (along with everyone else) had to be vaccinated with some two vertical razor swipes across the skin on the upper right arm.  I think this was due to an outbreak of something somewhere at the time.  Everyone who got vaccinated had a red vertical equal sign for a while on their upper arm.  I wonder what that vaccination was against.

Maybe the KGB was marking you for elimination.

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on May 19, 2021, 03:47:36 AM
Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2021, 08:18:00 PM

Maybe the KGB was marking you for elimination.
:rolleyes: It doesn't work like that.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 19, 2021, 09:14:02 AM
How does it work? :unsure:

Not like that, obviously, as DGuller was not eliminated.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on May 19, 2021, 10:12:54 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 19, 2021, 09:14:02 AM
How does it work? :unsure:

Not like that, obviously, as DGuller was not eliminated.

How do we know that DGuller was not eliminated?  The DG we know could be a mole.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on May 18, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2021, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 17, 2021, 08:17:42 PM
Terrifying to me. 😄

I mean, as a patient, you are risking that your physician had prepared the stuff properly, that you will in fact get a *mild* form of a disease that can be fatal.
Yeah, totally terrifying.  Even more so than buying some chemical component designed to create hallucinations from a dude you barely know sitting at some street corner who got it from another dude who got it from a shady lab with naked working ladies (to prevent product theft) and a doubtful hygiene of the place compared to the usual sterilization of medical objects.

;)

That is one strange fantasy you have.  :lol:

Personally, I particularly liked getting magic mushrooms as my hallucinogen of choice - usually from one of those total mushroom fanatics, who grew them himself (apparently not that hard to do). Never had any quality control problems.

... but, sadly, no naked ladies involved.  :(

The yards along the walk back from junior high school were filled with them during mushroom season.  Also, sadly, no nudity.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on May 19, 2021, 10:44:31 AM
A zombie mole? :yeahright:

Possibly.  Maybe a zombie desman, if not a zombie mole.  They are hard to tell apart.

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

This just in: Mitch McConnel is still a duplicitous asshole. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017