News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/02/mitt-romney-booed-and-called-traitor-at-utah-republican-convention
QuoteMitt Romney was loudly booed at the Utah Republican party convention on Saturday – and called a "traitor" and a "communist" as he tried to speak.
:lol: I cannot think of anybody less "communist" than an arch-conservative Mormon venture capitalist. I guess it shows how much the GOP is now a Trump personality cult. Let's see if they can somehow rid themselves of that...

Admiral Yi

Private equity, not venture capital. :nerd:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Ventrue capital sucks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Problem with that sketch, even angry and carrying torches, elephants are kinda cute.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2021, 03:19:28 AM
Ventrue capital sucks.

I suppose you prefer more Salubrious alternatives?

Razgovory

Politics isn't fun anymore. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2021, 10:09:58 AM

Anymore? When was it fun?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2021, 10:15:23 AM

Well, when I got to wear those straw boaters.  I was born in a democracy, and I now wonder If I'll die in one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Jacob on May 03, 2021, 10:02:42 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2021, 03:19:28 AM
Ventrue capital sucks.

I suppose you prefer more Salubrious alternatives?

The whole thing sends Tremeres up my spine. You guys enjoy your Brujah-ha.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob

Quote from: Habbaku on May 03, 2021, 10:24:04 AM
The whole thing sends Tremeres up my spine. You guys enjoy your Brujah-ha.

What a ghoulish Ham-fisted comment.

crazy canuck

Stop this masquerade.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2021, 10:15:23 AM

First few seasons of House of Cards.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

So I guess GOP is permanently lost now? Anyone who stands up to Trump is being purged.