News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Does not really calm my nerves that much, so to speak, it's still way too many people that refuse to see what happens in the real world and inhabits a fantasy land of their own design.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on February 22, 2021, 07:38:14 AM
Does not really calm my nerves that much, so to speak, it's still way too many people that refuse to see what happens in the real world and inhabits a fantasy land of their own design.

Get an anti-anxiety script then? ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2021, 07:40:08 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 22, 2021, 07:38:14 AM

Get an anti-anxiety script then? ;)

I can manage, living in a different country helps.  :P

Habbaku

The US can find you anywhere.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2021, 08:04:25 AM

I assume that most of the people who think that way don't have passports.

Razgovory

Loyal Trumpites frequently claim that he is "fighting for them".  I'd really like to know exactly what that means.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on February 22, 2021, 09:15:51 AM
Loyal Trumpites frequently claim that he is "fighting for them".  I'd really like to know exactly what that means.

He owns the libs. That's it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 22, 2021, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 22, 2021, 09:15:51 AM

He owns the libs. That's it.

I'd like read something where Trumpists describe what they mean.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2021, 08:04:25 AM

It usually can't even find itself on a map.  :P

Habbaku

The US will find you after finding itself.  :sleep:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob

Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2021, 11:20:48 AM
The US will find you after finding itself.  :sleep:

Sounds like it should take a year off on a beach somewhere.

Habbaku

Can you recommend one? Yemen seems a good place to find.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2021, 11:41:46 AM
Can you recommend one? Yemen seems a good place to find.

That would be confirmation bias.  Better to find itself on a nice beach in New Zealand.  That way they might realize left wing does not equal Satan incarnate.

Habbaku

New Zealand doesn't have any oil, does it?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2021, 02:05:25 PM
New Zealand doesn't have any oil, does it?

Back in the 90s I had this board game called Supremacy.  It was kind of a modern-day Risk with nuclear weapons.  There were also resource cards - Saudi Arabia naturally had the richest oil resources in the game.

There were expansions to the game.  One of them gave ahistorical resource allocations.  But it wasn't random because they were just cards.  So anyways if you played with that deck of resource cards New Zealand was the Saudi Arabia of the world when it came to oil.

The useless shit from 30 years ago that stays stuck in my mind...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.