What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Didn't Chris Christie turn on Trump a while ago?

Admiral Yi

If he did it slipped under my radar.  I'm sure you get more Jersey info than I do.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2022, 07:20:20 PM
If he did it slipped under my radar.  I'm sure you get more Jersey info than I do.

He didn't really turn against him.  More like, wrote a book on Trump saying "he is a known liar, he is badly advised, but he's a Republican and that's why you should support him".  In many ways, in the current climate, that passes for "turning on Trump", I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2022, 07:20:20 PM

He was mad that Trump's negligence almost killed him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 07, 2022, 04:57:10 AM

Isn't Amazon explicitly worried about running out of employees in the next few years because their turnover is so ridiculously extreme?

https://www.essence.com/news/amazon-burning-through-workers/
QuoteAt the beginning of 2019, Amazon employed approximately 650,000 people. Over the course of the year, they hired over 770,000 hourly workers—this basically equates to the entirety of Amazon's work force leaving and being replaced—in the span of just one year. This phenomenon of Amazon's massive worker turnover prompted the New York Times to investigate. They published their findings in an illuminating exposé just in time for Amazon's self-proclaimed holiday, "Prime Day," this Monday and Tuesday.

"In documenting the untold story of how the pandemic exposed the power and peril of Amazon's employment system, reporters interviewed nearly 200 current and former employees, from new hires at the JFK8 bus stop to back-office workers overseas to managers on Staten Island and in Seattle," the report says. Reporters also "reviewed company documents, legal filings and government records, as well as posts from warehouse feedback boards that served as a real-time ticker of worker concerns."

To sustain this churn of their work force leaving and being replaced, about 10 million people need to apply to work at Amazon every year, which is roughly 5% of the total work force in the United States.

"That rate, almost double that of the retail and logistics industries, has made some executives worry about running out of workers across America." One such Amazonian who worked in human resources "likened [this strategy] to using fossil fuels despite climate change...'We keep using them,' he said, 'even though we know we're slowly cooking ourselves.'"

That's pretty amazing. Imagine if this is what makes them start treating people well...

Though most likely they just see it as a race against time to fully automate their warehouses
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Biden is now in the biggest foreign policy challenge faced by a US president since 9/11?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Since Biden gets blamed for the Inflation a lot, I'll put this here:

https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/status/1492893722475999232?s=20&t=lMhxbDAuL7tT_nFIZzsSjQ

QuotePeter Schiff
@PeterSchiff

To successfully fight #inflation the government must eliminate the 3-trillion dollar annual budget deficit. It can do this with middle class tax hikes, cuts to middle class entitlements, or a combination of both. Then the #Fed can reduce the money supply and raise interest rates.

5:09 PM · Feb 13, 2022·Twitter Web App
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

We have had inflationary policies for twenty years. It seems weird to suggest the 2021 covid relief bill is 100% responsible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2022, 09:03:37 AM
We have had inflationary policies for twenty years. It seems weird to suggest the 2021 covid relief bill is 100% responsible.
I don't think it's weird at all to suggest that Covid safety net money were responsible for inflation (though actions taken in 2020 have a lot more to do with it).  The Fed may have been printing money for a long time, but it was never handing it to the people likely to spend it.  The money was going straight to the asset bubbles before.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on February 14, 2022, 09:28:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2022, 09:03:37 AM
I don't think it's weird at all to suggest that Covid safety net money were responsible for inflation (though actions taken in 2020 have a lot more to do with it).  The Fed may have been printing money for a long time, but it was never handing it to the people likely to spend it.  The money was going straight to the asset bubbles before.

Even so it was the third such bill in less than a year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2022, 08:57:30 AM
Biden is now in the biggest foreign policy challenge faced by a US president since 9/11?

The actual invasion of Crimea was probably bigger.  It could become more serious but right now it is a lot of sable rattling by the Russians.

The decision to follow the Trump plan for pulling out of Afghanistan may have been more significant.

Sheilbh

Extraordinary that even in the Biden administration, it's still Clinton:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Eager to probe Hillary.

Fox writers really need to pander to their audience.

Razgovory

It's part of Donald Trump's revenge for the Mueller investigation.  He wants to "investigate the investigators" and some how pin it on the Clintons.  You wouldn't think that anyone would care about that anymore after everything that has happened.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Meh. He had a campaign promise to lock her up. Fool me once Donald.