What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2021, 09:41:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 16, 2021, 08:24:27 PM
Would you mind dialing the anti-semitism down a notch there Beeb?

I don't think you are get what he's saying...

I rather think I do. But perhaps I'm mistaken. Care to lay it out for me?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2021, 12:41:21 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2021, 09:41:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 16, 2021, 08:24:27 PM
Would you mind dialing the anti-semitism down a notch there Beeb?

I don't think you are get what he's saying...

I rather think I do. But perhaps I'm mistaken. Care to lay it out for me?

I'm suggesting that Tyr's comments about the secret elites who secretly "pull the strings of the global economy" has echoes out of anti-semitism.

I'm not saying Tyr is an anti Semite.  Just that post echoes those kind of thoughts.

In my experience the "global elite" are very happy to be front and centre in the news media.  Like in this story.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

I think Beeb is misunderstanding what Jacob is misunderstanding about his post... :unsure:

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2021, 01:57:23 AM
In my experience the "global elite" are very happy to be front and centre in the news media.  Like in this story.

Like the Koch brothers? The Walton family who own Walmart? The Sacklers?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2021, 08:23:56 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2021, 01:57:23 AM

Like the Koch brothers? The Walton family who own Walmart? The Sacklers?

Like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, Sergey Brin, etc.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

My point being that like among all people there's those members of the "global elite" who crave the limelight and those who avoid it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2021, 08:14:27 AM
I think Beeb is misunderstanding what Jacob is misunderstanding about his post... :unsure:

:lol:  Yep.

Grey Fox

I have no idea what BB or Jacob is misunderstanding.

I only want to name drop the Rothchilds.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Then lay it out for me...

Eddie Teach

Don't misunderestimate him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2021, 12:09:36 PM

You are using false implications of anti-semitism to dismiss an argument that contains no anti-semitism. That is anti-semitic.

Suggesting that billionaires have significant political influence - including those who are not involved in celebrity culture - is not anti-semitic. Neither is the position that that influence is too great. Tyr made zero connections to any Jewish conspiracy theory, nor to any other conspiracy theory that uses stand-ins for Jews. You're the one who made any such connection.

Your retort only makes a sense if you suppose "billionaires" or "elites" is a stand-in for "Jews". You're the one who brought that to the discussion.

DGuller

:hmm: Oh.  It turns out it was I who was misunderstanding about Beeb's misunderstanding of Jacob's misunderstanding.  To be fair, Jacob missed a crucial word in his original post which made such a misunderstanding easier.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2021, 01:06:20 PM
:hmm: Oh.  It turns out it was I who was misunderstanding about Beeb's misunderstanding of Jacob's misunderstanding.  To be fair, Jacob missed a crucial word in his original post which made such a misunderstanding easier.

:lol:

Berkut

I think I understand.

And Jake is right.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2021, 12:57:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2021, 12:09:36 PM

You are using false implications of anti-semitism to dismiss an argument that contains no anti-semitism. That is anti-semitic.

Suggesting that billionaires have significant political influence - including those who are not involved in celebrity culture - is not anti-semitic. Neither is the position that that influence is too great. Tyr made zero connections to any Jewish conspiracy theory, nor to any other conspiracy theory that uses stand-ins for Jews. You're the one who made any such connection.

Your retort only makes a sense if you suppose "billionaires" or "elites" is a stand-in for "Jews". You're the one who brought that to the discussion.

I am very dubious about claims about "multi billionaires who pull the strings of the global economy" - which was Tyr's exact quote.

Such complaints have been made about the Jews, but not only about the Jews.

Multi billionaires certainly have influence over our politics and economy - but it's all pretty well documented.

And besides - please don't read too much into a one-smiley response.  It was not intended as deep political commentary.