What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I suspect Jersey Shore airs internationally.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on August 06, 2021, 04:07:17 PM
Good thing you got out of Joisey. I'd hate for you to live in a place of national ridicule.
I agree.  It's great living in Kentucky, a place that is never the subject of ridicule. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

The Minsky Moment

And Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan still hold office.  Says all you need to know about accountability between the the two US parties.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Valmy

So how does that work in NY? Is there a Lt Governor who just takes over?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2021, 01:44:26 PM

Yes.

Kathy Hochul will become NYS 1st female governor. I expect a political star is about to be born.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Yes, they've been there before.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2021, 01:46:32 PM

Yes.

Kathy Hochul will become NYS 1st female governor. I expect a political star is about to be born.

A mere 95 years behind the great progressive State of Texas. Though in a typical Texas way she won her election for governor by openly campaigning as a puppet for her Husband, who had been impeached and forbidden from ever holding elected office again. A wonderful political story about not letting something like the spirit of the law getting in the way of things.

Though we elected a non-puppet female governor in 1990 so there is that. Take that New York!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2021, 01:47:08 PM
Yes, they've been there before.
Right, the blind dude who took over for the guy who was banging hookers. :)  I forget both of their names.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I think the governor was Spitzer and the lt. gov who replaced was Paterson.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 02, 2021, 04:04:34 PM
Just to go back to the ranking conversation - 1943 book "They Also Ran", where biographer Irving Stone gave his view on defeated presidential candidates and, in this amazing cover, gave a visual impression of what he thought of each of them v their opponent:

I feel like this would probably look a little different maybe - but maybe not (and good God he hated Harding :lol:)
Greely over Grant? WTF
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Isn't there a consensus that Grant was out of his depth as President?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?