What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2021, 07:25:34 PM
Even if you love Jackson I just found the dismissing of the Henry Clay as surprising. Maybe he just really hates high tariffs and internal improvements.
As I said about the modern rankings: they say more about us than the presidents. So it'd be interesting to know what the reception of Clay was in the 40s.

But he does group presidents by their jobs and Clay is with Bryan in the "three time loser category" :lol:

I'd love to know his take on Tilden who is on his lonesome in the "Heroes Stand Alone" section :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 02, 2021, 05:55:36 PM
So maybe he rated interesting/novel candidates highly (a man after my own heart :lol:)?

Fremont and Greeley certainly count as interesting.
And with that description one has exhausted their merits as presidential candidates.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2021, 08:54:54 AM
What is the danger line?

I presume being dangerously incompetent...again kind of vicious for Henry Clay there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 02, 2021, 05:55:36 PM
But Stone wrote biographical novels like The Agony and the Ecstasy about Michaelangelo, later adapted into the film. So maybe he rated interesting/novel candidates highly (a man after my own heart :lol:)?

Lust for Life (Van Gogh) was also a movie, he also had an Andrew Jakcson novel adapted. Hollywood has always loved their "great man" biopics, and this dude seemed to produce them industrially.

Admiral Yi

The Cuomo sex thing is back in the news, at least judging by my youtube feed, and this time it appears public opinion is against him.  59% in favor of resigning is what I've seen.  Wonder what changed between now and back when DGuller handed me his life savings.

DGuller

Report came out.  Two months late and $25 short.  :mad:

The Minsky Moment

NYAG dropped an investigative report.  James is out for his head.

You can see it as too many allegations to explain away or too many enemies in his own party (and no friends elsewhere) or a little of both.  But however you slice it he is on the ropes and falling.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

I don't understand how he hasn't already resigned - and if he keeps hanging probably needs to be impeached.

Although personally I find his "seual harassment is an essential part of Italian-American culture" amazing :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Based on my research which consists of watching The Sopranos and living in New Jersey, I would say he is not wrong. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2021, 11:23:06 AM
Based on my research which consists of watching The Sopranos and living in New Jersey, I would say he is not wrong. :)

Good thing you got out of Joisey. I'd hate for you to live in a place of national ridicule.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on August 06, 2021, 04:07:17 PM
Good thing you got out of Joisey. I'd hate for you to live in a place of national ridicule.

Given what's going on in the rest of the nation, it's on poor grounds to deliver ridicule.
--Joan Robinson