What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

I think there's a management cultural thing as well. A typical Fortune 500 CEO is an Ivy League graduate in their 50s or 60s, these may not be "woke" guys but they aren't Stars and Bars on their truck types either. I think there's some element to which these guys are feeling like they've funneled a lot of money to the GOP for its pro-business policies, but they want to send a message that while they might agree with the GOP business agenda they aren't really interested in a party that's all but openly embracing white nationalism as a core ideology.

Sheilbh

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 20, 2021, 09:12:48 AM
I think there's a management cultural thing as well. A typical Fortune 500 CEO is an Ivy League graduate in their 50s or 60s, these may not be "woke" guys but they aren't Stars and Bars on their truck types either. I think there's some element to which these guys are feeling like they've funneled a lot of money to the GOP for its pro-business policies, but they want to send a message that while they might agree with the GOP business agenda they aren't really interested in a party that's all but openly embracing white nationalism as a core ideology.
Yeah - and this is a recruitment angle as well. It may be less of an issue in a mass-market, consumer goods company but if you're in a business where you rely on hiring bright graduates from elite universities to do grunt work then you either need to sort of align with their values/make Harvard kids feel welcome through your inclusion program or whatever. The alternative is you pay more than competitors who do the cheap culture stuff instead.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Mass market consumer goods companies (e.g. P&G) also recruit out of business schools and as a consumer facing organization are probably even more wary of aligning themselves with a white nationalist message.  There is a reason why Trump's core support in the corporate sector comes from family-dominated businesses like MyPillow, Goya, or HobbyLobby.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

The Chauvin trial jury is about to make public it's decision.

I expect the US will burn tonight following acquittal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 20, 2021, 03:40:50 PM

On gage?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

He'll get convicted of something.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on April 20, 2021, 03:58:18 PM

I think just "something" still leads to riots.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 03:59:25 PM

Well I guess we will never know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2021, 04:35:17 PM

Nope.

I haven't been following the case but I do wonder how they get to second degree murder.  Using the law I know I don't see where you'd get intent to kill, but MN may have some kind of constructive murder that we don't.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 04:47:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2021, 04:35:17 PM

Nope.

I haven't been following the case but I do wonder how they get to second degree murder.  Using the law I know I don't see where you'd get intent to kill, but MN may have some kind of constructive murder that we don't.
he maintained pressure on his neck despite multiple pleas from the victim that he couldn't breath. it's not premeditated, but it's still murder right there.  He can't claim he didn't know what he was doing.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2021, 05:27:45 PM
he maintained pressure on his neck despite multiple pleas from the victim that he couldn't breath. it's not premeditated, but it's still murder right there.  He can't claim he didn't know what he was doing.

Oh he knew what he was doing - that's what makes it homicide.

But did he intend to kill?  Hard to see that IMO.  But like I said they may have some kind of constructive murder law.

Sheilbh

I know nothing - but in England I think (based on very out of date law school) that the intent for murder is intent to injure or cause serious harm, even if they don't necessarily intend that but their actions make more or less inevitable. Is it not similar in Canada?
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on April 19, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2021, 12:24:07 PM
If you're suggesting that mixed marriages generate the same warm and fuzzy feelings in the rest of the world as it does in Europe and parts of the US, I'm not sure I agree.

Definitely not in Korea. But even in Korea (and other places where mixed marriages may not be as sexy, as per your suggesion), they'll be sensitive to "this flavour of white people are better than you". I think that in practice, running an explicitly pro-diversity multinational megacorporation is going to be easier than trying to manage N parallel national focused ones.
I've never had any problems. There is a super famous tv show that follows around a bunch of mixed families and their children in there daily life.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point