News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Once the republicans flip both the House and Senate later this year, I don't think it matters who the Democrats run in 2024.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on July 14, 2022, 01:10:27 PMOnce the republicans flip both the House and Senate later this year, I don't think it matters who the Democrats run in 2024.

House is probably a lost cause but don't give up on the Senate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/senate/?cid=rrpromo
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on July 14, 2022, 01:10:27 PMOnce the republicans flip both the House and Senate later this year, I don't think it matters who the Democrats run in 2024.

I guess the idea is that they are going to steal the election?

We'll see. Still need to have a good candidate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2022, 01:17:25 PMI guess the idea is that they are going to steal the election?

It seems like the kind of thing Republicans do.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2022, 01:16:28 PMHouse is probably a lost cause but don't give up on the Senate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/senate/?cid=rrpromo

Still matters how much they flip the house if the concern is stealing an election. They probably need a decisively solid majority for that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2022, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2022, 01:17:25 PMI guess the idea is that they are going to steal the election?

It seems like the kind of thing Republicans do.

Well a large number of them for sure.

But I still think we need to win the election before we can worry about it being stolen.

One thing I will say about the House projections is the house districts are not rigorously polled, especially this far out from the election. We will see.

Jacob

I have no opinion about the likelihood of the Dems winning or losing this or the 2024 election. I do think there's a real risk that if the GOP as it's currently constituted wins, it will not give up power.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2022, 01:27:11 PMI have no opinion about the likelihood of the Dems winning or losing this or the 2024 election. I do think there's a real risk that if the GOP as it's currently constituted wins, it will not give up power.

I do believe you are correct.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: HVC on July 14, 2022, 10:58:25 AMWho's up next? I don't even know the contenders. Is it Hilary again? Kamala?
Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2022, 10:55:59 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 14, 2022, 10:44:28 AMEven with Biden the Democrats won the last time around - imagine what they could do with someone who is more competent.

If only we could find somebody.
Quote from: HVC on July 14, 2022, 10:58:25 AMWho's up next? I don't even know the contenders. Is it Hilary again? Kamala?

Given that Democrats seem to love old people, probably Jerry Brown. Or Jimmy Carter.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

I don't understand the reported Democrat strategy of giving money to really extreme GOP candidates to help them beat more moderate alternatives in the primaries - it feels like a really stupid idea looking at the last six year :blink: :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2022, 03:20:51 PMI don't understand the reported Democrat strategy of giving money to really extreme GOP candidates to help them beat more moderate alternatives in the primaries - it feels like a really stupid idea looking at the last six year :blink: :huh:

Well the strategy is they think the extreme candidate is more easy to defeat.

But of course Hillary was hoping for Trump to be her opponent and we saw how that worked.  Plus it really takes away from their "democracy is under attack" argument.

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2022, 03:20:51 PMI don't understand the reported Democrat strategy of giving money to really extreme GOP candidates to help them beat more moderate alternatives in the primaries - it feels like a really stupid idea looking at the last six year :blink: :huh:

Yes. That's a really stupid thing. I hope it's not true or at least marginal.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2022, 03:35:14 PMYes. That's a really stupid thing. I hope it's not true or at least marginal.
It's a bold strategy - and BBoy's points are totally true:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/16/us/politics/democrats-midterms-trump-gop.html
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

The Dems don't give money to the GOP opponent, but rather Dem-aligned PACs purchase ads that support crazy MAGA-type candidates in the GOP primary (for example praising a candidates strong support for Trump or whatever), all in order to avoid facing a more moderate opponent.

You can understand the cold logic of the move.  But if you really think democracy is on the line (and I do) it's completely dangerous and unethical.

Sheilbh

Yeah but even with the cold logic - the crazies can win. We've seen that in recent years and I'm not sure whether on balance this will just increasse the number of crazies.
Let's bomb Russia!