News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name my boat

Started by Liep, May 30, 2020, 10:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

"Sailing: The fine art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2020, 10:58:22 AM
You know the saying about the happiest days of a boat owner, right?  :P

Had a pretty happy day today, sun and light winds and only a few tasks to be completed. :P

Quote from: The Brain on May 30, 2020, 10:56:34 AM
Hvide Nørd.

No points for factual correctness!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: PDH on May 30, 2020, 10:59:54 AM
"Sailing: The fine art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense."

A joyful waste of time and money.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Berkut

That is a nice looking boat!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Very cool!

I would name a sailboat Surprise, but only as a Patrick O'Brian fanboy.  :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Titanic

Lightning only strikes once!

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Although when I would go to Jane Austen-inspired balls dressed as a RN Captain, I would usually have myself announced as the Captain of the Indefatigable.  I dunno how well that would translate to Danish though.

Alternatively I used Terror, which would translate better, but make even less sense for a pleasure boat.  Although Terror had a much better connection to Canadian history...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

It would be Utrættelig and kinda cool, but I'm not sure I have that confidence yet. :D

Maladict

"Who the fuck are you?"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2020, 10:18:36 AM
So I bought a boat and it needs a name. It's a 29 foot sailboat.

Currently I'm stuck on "Seaward" but it's only due to my lack of original thought and love of Arrested Development.

"Throbbing Shaft"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Call it "2020"

What could go wrong?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

██████
██████
██████