NFL Draft 2020 - Social Distancing Edition

Started by derspiess, April 22, 2020, 02:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So I'm guessing this will be one of the most-watched NFL Drafts ever, given that there's no baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer on.  What are your wish lists for your teams?

I hear some talk about the Bengals maybe picking a QB first round  :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2020, 02:30:54 PM
So I'm guessing this will be one of the most-watched NFL Drafts ever, given that there's no baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer on.  What are your wish lists for your teams?

I hear some talk about the Bengals maybe picking a QB first round  :ph34r:

Not to be laughed at is generally the most I can hope for the Deadskins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

You support the Redskins, Valmy? Why does a Texan inflict that on himself?

PDH

Wyoming has an LB that might get drafted!  Wyoming has an LB that might get drafted!  Sing songs in the street.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2020, 03:28:43 PM

He has his reasons.  Plus, it builds character.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2020, 03:28:43 PM

Because my Dad and Grandfather were big Redskins fans. My family lived in Maryland for 300 years remember.

Also I was a kid during their glory years. They won the Super Bowl when I was 5, 9, and 14. That is something that leaves a lasting impact...I just cannot root for anybody else in the NFL, especially the fucking Cowboys (complicated by the fact that their owner is an Arkansas Razorback who hates the Texas Longhorns my favorite College Team).  Houston has a weird status in Texas, unless you live around Houston the rest of the state doesn't really care for it, I have little emotional attachment to the Texans but hey their situation is almost as shitty as the Redskins anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

The Texans will always have the Rosencopter
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

derspiess

Anyway, with everyone in this draft being remote, it has been a lot of logistical fun getting everyone set up.  Some coaches had such shitty internet access speed at their house, we had no idea how they had been able to do anything with it. 

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sophie Scholl

Still trying to abide by my NFL lack of caring/partial ban, but my dad is super excited for the Raiders' draft. I guess it'll be intersting to see how the newest Browns GM and coach manage to mess things up. Though I've heard they had a good off-season so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on April 22, 2020, 04:16:06 PM
Hey that 14.4k modem is a classic

NFL coaches are notoriously cheap.  They're too accustomed to getting things for free.

The Minsky Moment

Deep passers and very fast wideouts should be at a premium.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson