News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Does anyone have any experience with Unity?

Started by Berkut, April 04, 2020, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I want to try my hand at using Unity to just make some simple 2D board/wargames. Does anyone have any experience with using that toolset, who could give me a quick start? Most of the tutorials and such out there are all about how to make some 3D game, so immediately are not really applicable to what I want to do, which I would guess would be relatively simple....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

bogh

I have been thinking about getting into Unity as well, similar line of thinking and similar results so far on the tutorials etc. I think Unity should be fine for it, but it seems very physics / 3D focused.

I played around with https://github.com/nicolodavis/boardgame.io at some point, which is pretty neat and accessible (I am a JavaScript guy).

Syt

If you're not planning to use high end 3D graphics, maybe a more user friendly 2D engine might do the trick for now? But Unity is surely among the most powerful ones once you've mastered it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.