More than a couple months and there will be serious issues
15 (36.6%)
I can handle a couple weeks more
2 (4.9%)
That ship has already sailed
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Monoriu

I have no sleeping issues at all.  My only issue is not being able to leave Hong Kong for vacations.  Otherwise I am perfectly fine. 

Grey Fox

Personally, it's my work schedule that is fucked. Usually, I get interrupted once or twice a week to help put out a fire or 2 but now, no distraction from the rote work is happening and with it my motivation do it. And this is only week 5 of 25.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on April 17, 2020, 05:22:19 AM
I have no sleeping issues at all.  My only issue is not being able to leave Hong Kong for vacations.  Otherwise I am perfectly fine.

https://youtu.be/teD9t-lO_o0
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Rex Francorum

I am all fine even if I am alone at home (well, if I don't count my cat :wub:). Never was a big social guy. Sure, I miss a bit social interactions, but I do mostly what I was doing before.
To rent

Syt

RF! :hug:

Yeah, I'm fine, too. It's been two weeks since I left the building, and the main thing that was getting on my nerves was work and colleagues constantly reaching out. :D Fortunately I have next week off. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2020, 06:48:58 AM
RF! :hug:

Yeah, I'm fine, too. It's been two weeks since I left the building, and the main thing that was getting on my nerves was work and colleagues constantly reaching out. :D Fortunately I have next week off. :)

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

I've been working from home the last several weeks. My motivation is obliterated, though I'm fortunate since the workload is also small. Being stuck in the same location--with no mental/physical separation between office and home--is doing a number on me. I find myself switching work locations at home from room to room just to get different surroundings, plus I take a lot of walks around the neighborhood to help.

I'm sleeping more than I should, yet am consistently tired despite that, to the point that my routine 2-3 days of the work-week is to get up, shower, check email, make tea/coffee, finish the drink within ~30 minutes, then take a 15-20 minute nap, followed by struggling to work for the next hour or so.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on April 17, 2020, 10:32:04 AMBeing stuck in the same location--with no mental/physical separation between office and home--is doing a number on me.

Same here. I mean, I've converted my dining table into my work desk, but it's still the same room, same office chair etc. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2020, 11:24:38 AM
I've converted my dining table into my work desk

Worst thing about this is that now I can't use it for board games  :(

MadImmortalMan

I think in the future there will be a trend in real estate for home offices the same way there has been one in recent years for mother-in-law suites.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

For those working from home and not used to it, if possible try to separate each side of life, work and personal space. If possible, use a separate room that you can ignore when you're not working. I've always worked from my guest bedroom, for instance.

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 12:30:57 PM
For those working from home and not used to it, if possible try to separate each side of life, work and personal space. If possible, use a separate room that you can ignore when you're not working. I've always worked from my guest bedroom, for instance.

How do you ignore it when you have a hot young houseguest?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I don't get to crack up that way.  I get to come into work and deal with mail, packages, freight, etc all day.  Luckily these are coming from all over handled in warehouses where people are getting sick...oh wait, maybe that's why I'm cracking up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM