I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Duque de Bragança

Likely back to more restrictions in Monday. Jupiter can't get Aesculapium to stay long enough. Oh, and PCR and antigenics tests will probably not be free anymore at some point in the near future, in case of pure leisure reasons, as to incite vaccination.

Plus some kind of compulsory vaccination for nurses and elderly care workers which have very low vaccination rates compared to medical doctors. GPs being 90 % while elderly care workers are more like 30-40 %. Truth be said, they are not that well paid, and elderly care houses have trouble finding labour (surprise, surprise).

So the "little flu" is not that dangerous, except for the people they work for, yet they won't "risk" the vaccine since we lack hindsight, specially RNA-based. Others are either dangerous (AZ) or not efficient enough.  :hmm:

edit: for clarity in this bit of a mess.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 09, 2021, 06:51:31 PM
Likely back to more restrictions in Monday. Jupiter can't get Aesculapium to say long enough. Oh, and PCR and antigenics tests will probably not free anymore in case of pure leisure reasons as to incite vaccination.

Plus some kind of compulsory vaccination for nurses and elderly care workers which have very low vaccinations compared to medical doctors. GPs being 90 % while elderly care workers are more like 30-40 %. Truth be said, they are not that well paid, and have trouble finding labour (surprise, surprise).

So the "little flu" is not that dangerous, except for the people they work for, yet they won't "risk" the vaccine since we lack hindsight, specially RNA-based. Others are either dangerous or not efficient enough.  :hmm:

Sounds like a bit of a mess.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Anyone else getting lockdown induced hypochondria? Or is that just me?
Or are the doctors wrong and I'm actually screwed. :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 20, 2021, 10:53:45 AM
Anyone else getting lockdown induced hypochondria? Or is that just me?
Or are the doctors wrong and I'm actually screwed. :ph34r:

It's neither; you're just dying.

Tamas

Had to drop by a co-op to pick up a couple of things. Several people there, mask wearing was sort of typical of what you'd expect. People my wife and I call "mates" and young people without masks, old people and people dressed for the office with masks.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on July 20, 2021, 12:24:49 PM
Had to drop by a co-op to pick up a couple of things. Several people there, mask wearing was sort of typical of what you'd expect. People my wife and I call "mates" and young people without masks, old people and people dressed for the office with masks.

Last week I did about 200 miles on the buses and a few dozen on trains, mainly at the weekend and late afternoon/evenings; overall not impressed, plenty of younger people not bothering with the then mandatory masks and the 'selfish' ones of all ages talking loudly into their phones for most of the journey.

Thus I've decided to not use public transport for the next 5-6 weeks, till the schools go back/universities start.

Freedom day for me, is my decision to have a new 'lockdown'. :bowler:

Duque de Bragança

Starting tomorrow July 21st in France

QuoteFrance adjusts plans for Covid-19 health pass, announces fourth wave of epidemic

The French government adjusted its new plan to fight COVID-19 on Monday, slashing planned fines and postponing them to an unspecified date, spokesman Gabriel Attal said.

The measures, which include requiring a health pass in a wide array of venues from the start of August and making vaccination mandatory for health workers, will still account for some of the toughest in Europe.

The health pass provides proof that a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19, has recently had a negative coronavirus test or has newly recovered from the virus.

What changes is that a planned 45,000 euro fine for businesses which do not check that clients have a health pass will be much lower, starting at up to 1,500 euros and increasing progressively for repeat offenders.

Besides, checks will initially be meant to help people apply the measures but the fines will not be imposed immediately. Government spokesman Attal told a news conference he could not say exactly when the "run-in period" would end and fines would be imposed.

He said it might be more than a week but would be less than a month, to give everyone the time to adapt to the new rules.

"We have entered the fourth wave of the epidemic," Attal said after a meeting of the French cabinet.

A health pass will be required in venues including cinemas, bars, restaurants, hospitals and long-distance train and planes, a decision that led to protests at the weekend.

The plan, set to be voted on by parliament, was announced a week ago by President Emmanuel Macron as infections rose and vaccination rates slowed down. The plan also foresees that people who test positive for coronavirus will need to self-isolate for 10 days.

Toughening up, assuming it will be enforced. Already some leeway for the fines. "Free-minded entrepreneurs" are already offering fake vaccination certificates. Some of them already got caught.

I had my two shots, so this could be better for me in a way with less crowded cinemas, bars etc.  :hmm: Some opponents to the health pass even compared to the yellow star, not the 1215 Latran Council version, but the WWII.

Mandatory vaccination for health workers is only from September 15th on. They have two months to be vaccinated.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 20, 2021, 02:12:42 PM
Starting tomorrow July 21st in France

QuoteFrance adjusts plans for Covid-19 health pass,

Is that the same as the AntiCovid app? I've finally got that one set up on my phone.

Duque de Bragança

Yep, you can have your smart phone scan your vaccination certificate or negative PCR test and keep the QR codes in the "wallet" of the Tous anti Covid app.

The app was in a half dozen languages not so long ago, including Portuguese, but now only French and English, so my parents have it all changed to English.  :hmm:

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 20, 2021, 02:52:00 PM
Yep, you can have your smart phone scan your vaccination certificate or negative PCR test and keep the QR codes in the "wallet" of the Tous anti Covid app.

The app was in a half dozen languages not so long ago, including Portuguese, but now only French and English, so my parents have it all changed to English.  :hmm:

Great, thanks!

Josquius

Trying out the British testing system with our visitor  is a shambles. Day 2 posted Saturday lunchtime and day 5 before 9 today.
Just got one notification that something has reached them.
Extra was paid to leave quarantine tomorrow. Hoping for a miracle.
They're perfectly healthy and vaccinated so it's just a shambles.

The app was in a half dozen languages not so long ago, including Portuguese, but now only French and English, so my parents have it all changed to English.

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on July 20, 2021, 04:05:17 PM

The app was in a half dozen languages not so long ago, including Portuguese, but now only French and English, so my parents have it all changed to English.

They had the app, as their smartphone, in Portuguese and the app itself switched to English when other languages were removed, presumably for quicker updates.
For an app mostly designed for people living and working in France, that's surprising.   :tinfoil:

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 20, 2021, 04:47:22 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 20, 2021, 04:05:17 PM

They had the app, as their smartphone, in Portuguese and the app itself switched to English when other languages were removed, presumably for quicker updates.
For an app mostly designed for people living and working in France, that's surprising.   :tinfoil:

I think it adapts to the system language, it went to English automatically for me.

Syt

We're still working from home with a general "If you feel like coming to the office, you can do so."

We have an in person meeting tomorrow, so we all need to get tested again. We have one colleague where the doctors said she should hold off on the vaccine for now (no idea why), so this will remain a thing every time we go to the office. I've gone for a PCR gargle test this morning. (They recommend the PCR tests for vaccinated people, because if infected they generally have lower viral loads and might not be detected by an anti-gene nasal swab.) Fortunately there's a test site within a few minutes' walk from me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I had my first day in the office today :o

Was weird but all fine. I've been doing lateral flow tests for the last few days. I'm in a small team and we are all vaccinated (but I think asking about vaccination status is a bit taboo except for people you actually know - "don't want to pry" etc).

We're moving to four days in September and then two days a week in October - assuming nothing changes.
Let's bomb Russia!