9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 16, 2021, 01:36:30 PM
In France, anti-vaccine/"vaccine hesitancy", ©Sheilb, is far from being a right-wing nutter cultural war issue.

It's pretty common among Greens supporter and even their leadership e.g Michèle Rivasi, number 2 for the Greens in the last European elections, trying to organise a screening in the European Parliament of a Wakefield anti-vaccine propaganda movie.

Oh the left has always had vaccine shit going on. Evil corporations and evil western medicine and all that stuff.

Just now we also have a right wing culture war against them as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Also the fact that no covid vaccines are french.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2021, 03:35:17 PM
Also the fact that no covid vaccines are french.

Anti-vaccine people don't care if it's Pfizer-BioNTech, Sanofi or Institut Pasteur.

In other news, restrictions lifted in advance. Starting next Sunday, no more 23.00 curfew, itself not very enforced lately. Plus no compulsory mask outdoors, except in crowded areas, from today oN.

Maladict

Work from home order to be lifted next week. I'm not ready to go back  :(

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2021, 07:48:19 AM
Work from home order to be lifted next week. I'm not ready to go back  :(

Allegedly the government here is considering making work from home a basic employee right meaning the employer must prove its essential the job in question is done in the office.

Would be pretty easy to get around of course, but could be an important step, and can protect people from insecure bosses ordering them back together the moment restrictions are lifted.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2021, 08:01:42 AM
Allegedly the government here is considering making work from home a basic employee right meaning the employer must prove its essential the job in question is done in the office.

Would be pretty easy to get around of course, but could be an important step, and can protect people from insecure bosses ordering them back together the moment restrictions are lifted.
I think it'd be pretty tough to get around - essential is a very high bar even for employment lawyers to try and clear. No doubt some employers will do it as a risk decision and should probably hope they don't end up in a tribunal :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2021, 08:07:57 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2021, 08:01:42 AM

I think it'd be pretty tough to get around - essential is a very high bar even for employment lawyers to try and clear. No doubt some employers will do it as a risk decision and should probably hope they don't end up in a tribunal :lol:

Just read that Hancock denied there are such plans, which is pretty much a confirmation.  :D

Barrister

Under Alberta's re-opening plan we're set to remove virtually all public health orders 2 weeks after 70% of all eligible Albertans (so everyone 12+) gets their first dose of vaccine.  Yesterday we were at 69.9% so today appears to be the day they'll announce - which would mean July 2. we're wide-open.  There would still be a requirement to isolate if you have a positive case of Covid-19 but that's it.

We shall see... Cases and hospitalizations have definitely dropped dramatically, but we're still at around 100-ish / day new cases so it is still circulating out there, and that 70% is first-dose only.

In fact given the date I wonder if the province won't cheat on it's own rule and declare all restrictions lifted as of July 1 - Canada Day.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Yup - they're saying Alberta hit 70% first vaccine doses as of yesterday, so everything lifted as of July 1.

:cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quite impressed with the testing efficiency here. Since I'm at the office tomorrow I needed to do a Covid test. Since the big walk in testing facilities are 15 minutes or so by tram I opted for a pharmacy around the corner. Had an appointment, but there was only two persons in front of me. Arrived at 8:15, got the nose jab 5 minutes later. Went to the grocery to pick up lunch (where I waited longer at the checkout than at the testing site), got home at 8:40 and already had my result in my inbox.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2021, 02:51:30 AM
Quite impressed with the testing efficiency here. Since I'm at the office tomorrow I needed to do a Covid test. Since the big walk in testing facilities are 15 minutes or so by tram I opted for a pharmacy around the corner. Had an appointment, but there was only two persons in front of me. Arrived at 8:15, got the nose jab 5 minutes later. Went to the grocery to pick up lunch (where I waited longer at the checkout than at the testing site), got home at 8:40 and already had my result in my inbox.

[BoJo]

Ah, but does that make it a World Class test and trace system?  :bowler:

[/BoJo]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

So first day back at the office. There's also an off site management meeting, so it was just me and my two team mates, plus our external IT guy. Spent  the morning in calls. We went for lunch together which was nice. The afternoon, our external IT was supposed to install various updates on my laptop. It took him 4.5 hours to get the basics done, because my account was set up weird way back in the day and was never fully fixed, so it was a nightmare for him to get everything sorted out. (It was set up by his boss, so he couldn't grumble too much.) So I spent the afternoon completely unproductive, chatting with my team mates, reading, and surfing the web on my phone. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I habe started going back to my office on an ad hoc basis. 1 day a week. Its a strange wasteland. A handful of people doing the same, receptionists, security, tech support guys.
A change of space definitely helps clear my head. But going all that way when I barely speak to anyone as everyone is busy... Pff
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Met up with my cousin and her husband, outside of course; the first time I've had a social event with anyone outside the immediate family in about 17 months.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"