49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2021, 05:18:46 AM
The government has guidelines on how many people can be in a group outdoors. I think it seems odd to then suggest this isn't an obvious breach of guidelines because people are sitting on their own groups back to back with other groups.
But we've only ever been responsible for our group (unless we're organising a group - like a party or a festival). So a pub garden in May was not a single table with six chairs, it was multiple tables even though the rule of six applied. It wasn't on the pub (or park or beach) or the individuals to check how many people were in the group in aggregate. I don't think that's ever been the guidelines - it's more stay two metres from other groups and don't mingle from group to group.

I can't work out who in that picture is actually in breach.

QuoteDid you enjoy the traffic jams on the way home?  :P

Or if you went on the train, shelf how was the SWT service and level of crowding, I ask as I'm gonna start using them next week.
So my mum was getting her second dose in Bournemouth. I went down from London by train and then went home with her. The train from London was okay - as ever a little bit busier until Winchester/Woking. But not crowded.

The traffic was bad around the seafront/carparks for the beach but actually not too bad once you left the immediate beach area.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2021, 04:22:04 AM

So my mum was getting her second dose in Bournemouth. I went down from London by train and then went home with her. The train from London was okay - as ever a little bit busier until Winchester/Woking. But not crowded.

The traffic was bad around the seafront/carparks for the beach but actually not too bad once you left the immediate beach area.

Thanks for the update, I'm definitely giving them a go next week.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

So headed downtown for the first time since Covid.  Took the bus, mandatory masks.  I had to take a loaner. 

My jailbait karaoke joint didn't give a shit.

The gay bar karaoke didn't give a shit.

The last call Irish bar didn't give a shit.

The immigrant cab driver didn't give a shit.

We'ze open again paysanos.

celedhring

Just had my first Covid test since the epidemic began - it came out negative. Also had a serologic one that came out negative too. I've had an upset stomach for weeks and the GP threw it in during a batch of tests, just to make sure.

I'm expecting to get my first shot this June so it would have sucked to get it so close to the finish line...  :hmm:

mongers

Went to a museum for the first time in .... 690 days. :bleeding:

It was only Rockbourne roman villa, local and mainly outdoors, but baby steps and hopefully I'll do a few national ones over the coming weeks.  :bowler:

Support your local museums and places of culture.

garbon

I think a pigeon has laid an egg in a pitiful attempt at a nest on my balcony.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2021, 04:37:30 PM
I think a pigeon has laid an egg in a pitiful attempt at a nest on my balcony.

It's not, pigeons are also called rock doves, and I'd hazard* that it's just it replicating behaviour they have traditionally carried out on cliff faces and other inaccessible breading locations.

*this is merely my own guess, not backed up by any googling etc.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Used some trains and buses today, first time I've been on public transport* in .......

497 days. :bleeding:

* for that matter, inside any vehicle. :hmm:

Syt

Official office policy was sent today.
- Spend one day per week at the office
- Only one person per office
- Provide a valid negative Covid test (max. 48 hours old)
- Observe distancing and mask rules in meetings, common areas etc.

The first two items are to be coordinated amongst ourselves. For our 4 person team having one person at the office is pretty useless, since 80+% of our communication is within the team, so even when one person comes to the office, they'll spend most their time in calls, anyways. We brought this up to management, and they suggest we should try to coordinate with others so that at least two of us can be at the office (but still in separate rooms). OK ...  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2021, 02:45:59 AM
Official office policy was sent today.
- Spend one day per week at the office
- Only one person per office
- Provide a valid negative Covid test (max. 48 hours old)
- Observe distancing and mask rules in meetings, common areas etc.

The first two items are to be coordinated amongst ourselves. For our 4 person team having one person at the office is pretty useless, since 80+% of our communication is within the team, so even when one person comes to the office, they'll spend most their time in calls, anyways. We brought this up to management, and they suggest we should try to coordinate with others so that at least two of us can be at the office (but still in separate rooms). OK ...  :rolleyes:

:bleeding: what is the point of all this?

Syt

"To ease us back into being at the office."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

That kind of stuff is just...why?
Come into the office even though we're explicitly banning the main advantage of being in the office.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I hope once everyone at the office is vaccinated things will become less silly.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Lack of social distancing is kind of the whole point of being in the office.  :rolleyes: