I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Admiral Yi

I went to the supermarket unmasked for the first time yesterday.

Legbiter

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2021, 06:32:24 AM
I went to the supermarket unmasked for the first time yesterday.

Here it was dropped as a legal requirement yesterday. Gonna ritually burn a mask or something once I get vaccinated.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Government of Alberta announces re-opening plan.  (this, by the way, is their third set of re-opening conditions).

Starting June 1 the really hard restrictions are released (outdoor dining, haircuts etc.).  This is because we're about to hit 50% of all Albertans with 1st dose vaccine.

Stage 2 hits two weeks after we hit 60% vaccination.  Some big ones: indoor eating with minor restrictions, post-secondary indoor learning, weddings / funerals with restrictions.

Stage 3 hits two weeks after we hit hit 70% vaccination.  ALL restrictions lifted.

They estimate we could hit Stage 3 by July.

That seems... aggressive.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

I was worried we might not hit 70% (since that's all Albertans, and ages 0-11 can't get the vaccine yet, plus throw in vaccine hesitancy).

But apparently we already have enough vaccine appointments booked to hit 70% - maybe by June 28.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Just for Shelf and Tamas, Bournemouth beach this bank holiday monday:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

For me the funniest is a packed beach just because the temperate crawled up to touch 20C :D

Otherwise, I think vaccination will just have to hold the line now - I don't think there is any appetite to continue any sort of lockdown and hopefully no need for it either.

Sheilbh

:lol: I was actually in Bournemouth and it was heaving.

But the fact that it was getting national news/shaming people outside shows how we are still not talking enough about how this is spread by aerosols and how important ventilation is (not hand-washing etc) :bleeding:

If it isn't a photo of an indoor crowd/no open windows I don't care :lol:

QuoteFor me the funniest is a packed beach just because the temperate crawled up to touch 20C :D
It was 25 in Bournemouth - perfect weather :w00t:

And the beaches, the square, the gardens were all very busy. But - crucially - all outside.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2021, 03:06:59 AM
:lol: I was actually in Bournemouth and it was heaving.

But the fact that it was getting national news/shaming people outside shows how we are still not talking enough about how this is spread by aerosols and how important ventilation is (not hand-washing etc) :bleeding:

If it isn't a photo of an indoor crowd/no open windows I don't care :lol:

QuoteFor me the funniest is a packed beach just because the temperate crawled up to touch 20C :D
It was 25 in Bournemouth - perfect weather :w00t:

And the beaches, the square, the gardens were all very busy. But - crucially - all outside.

I think what it does is make mockery of the restrictions on meeting in groups. That feels like a gathering of more than 30.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2021, 03:27:31 AM
I think what it does is make mockery of the restrictions on meeting in groups. That feels like a gathering of more than 30.
How? It doesn't look like they're all one group to me. It looks like lots of groups - of families, friends etc - on the same beach.

And the rule has never been that we have individual responsibility to make sure that us and the groups around us don't, in aggregate, mean 6+ or 30+ because that's impossible. Pub gardens or beaches or parks aren't, to my understanding, limited to a cap of 30 people.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2021, 03:33:24 AM
How? It doesn't look like they're all one group to me. It looks like lots of groups - of families, friends etc - on the same beach.

And the rule has never been that we have individual responsibility to make sure that us and the groups around us don't, in aggregate, mean 6+ or 30+ because that's impossible. Pub gardens or beaches or parks aren't, to my understanding, limited to a cap of 30 people.

When you are all that close, disingenuous to talk about being split up groups.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2021, 04:12:57 AM

Looks like the concentration of people you could see in the high street, or in department stores. Having them mostly stationary on a beach seems preferable, if anything.

Besides, no amount of policing will get people to stay indoors this week.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 01, 2021, 04:55:28 AM

Looks like the concentration of people you could see in the high street, or in department stores. Having them mostly stationary on a beach seems preferable, if anything.

Not sure how that relates to what I said.

Syt

The only really bad experience with a needle was when I was in hospital for a while and they would give us a daily anti-thrombosis injection. Usually they would put in the needle vertically into your stomach, and it's barely noticeable. One male nurse set it almost horizontally - I had a huge itchy bruise on my stomach for well over a week. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2021, 05:10:32 AM

You seemed to imply there shouldn't be more than 30 people in a given space, including a beach.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 01, 2021, 05:15:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2021, 05:10:32 AM

You seemed to imply there shouldn't be more than 30 people in a given space, including a beach.

The government has guidelines on how many people can be in a group outdoors. I think it seems odd to then suggest this isn't an obvious breach of guidelines because people are sitting on their own groups back to back with other groups.