I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Maladict

I stopped buying any kinds of snacks outside the weekend. Working from home, it always ends in tears.

alfred russel

Just got an email from my gym that they are dropping a mask requirement.

They earlier opened up a bunch of the blocked cardio equipment (they were blocking every other machine).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2021, 10:03:58 AM

They earlier opened up a bunch of the blocked cardio equipment (they were blocking every other machine).

Do they also have an indoor climbing wall?

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2021, 11:42:55 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2021, 10:03:58 AM

Do they also have an indoor climbing wall?

:P

No, my climbing gym still has a mask requirement.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Yesterday I went to the cinema for the 1st time since this all began.  :)

jimmy olsen

May 5th was Children's Day, so I really went out for the first time in over year. It's Korea, so everyone was wearing their mask correctly, and most of that time was spent outdoors at the park/zoo. But still kind of worried.

Vaccination is going very slowly here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2021, 07:08:13 AM
May 5th was Children's Day, so I really went out for the first time in over year.

:o
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2021, 07:08:13 AM
May 5th was Children's Day, so I really went out for the first time in over year. It's Korea, so everyone was wearing their mask correctly, and most of that time was spent outdoors at the park/zoo. But still kind of worried.

Vaccination is going very slowly here.

Its Cinco De Mayo

S. Korea doesn't matter.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/childrens-day-second-sunday-in-june/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

I think AR is on to something with his criticism of people being too risk averse; there's a lot of people out there having difficulty reconnecting with society and overcoming covid induced reluctance to accept even 'tiny' risks.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Since last Wednesday (May 19th), lockdown has been alleviated with cafes, cinemas (35 % gauge), museums, theatres etc. reopening. Also, the curfew starts at 2100, instead of 1900.
Next phases, if the situation keeps improving: June 9th and June 30th.

Syt

Austria opened bars, restaurants etc. this week. You need to provide proof that you've been tested, have had an infection and been healthy in the last 6 months or have a first vaccination at least 3 weeks old.

With numbers further dropping, the government is thinking aloud about lowering distancing requirements, mask rules etc. in summer if enough people get vaccinated and numbers stay down.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

I've posted this graph a few times for Alberta.  Daily cases since the pandemic started (stats released by Alberta Health Services, graph prepared by a CBC reporter):

Holy Crap can you just see the vaccine coming in and kicking ass the last couple of weeks.  We're up around 50% now (first dose).  You can see the decline over December-February (under fairly strict lockdown) - noticeable decline week over week, but still took time (you can even see the wobble in mid-January - almost certainly a result of some people breaking the rules over Christmas).

But now the daily numbers are dropping like a fucking stone.  And the red line is the 7-day rolling average - you can see from the dots below it's almost certainly going to continue to drop.

:punk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 21, 2021, 11:34:49 AM
Since last Wednesday (May 19th), lockdown has been alleviated with cafes, cinemas (35 % gauge), museums, theatres etc. reopening. Also, the curfew starts at 2100, instead of 1900.
Next phases, if the situation keeps improving: June 9th and June 30th.

Nice, good to have more positive news coming out of France.   :)

mongers

Vaccination programme here still seems to be going at a fair pace, the centre I went to was doing well and plenty of people were turning up after work on a Friday.

Same is true of the family, I had my 2nd jab today, just got a text from my younger brother to say he also had his today and apparently my sister is booked for her 2nd jab tomorrow. We're each in a different covid age group from 50 to 60+   :bowler:

I think vaccine hesitancy in the UK has been firmly kicked into touch, other than the medically disadvantaged, I think the few 'holdouts' are probably ring-fenced within quite formidable social media bubbles.