49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 12, 2021, 12:32:25 PM
I know what you mean Mongers, the amount of "stuff" we buy is dramatically reduced.

Yeah it now feels like a real chore to go and buy something.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Yeah, I'm spending way less on stuff than pre-pandemic. One of the reasons is that my income has shrunk a bit, but also the lack of social/work life is playing a big part. Boardgames? I haven't played a physical boardgame in a year. Clothing? There's a blazer I bought one week before last year's lockdown that I've used just once. On the other hand, I've bought 4 sweatpants since then  :cry:

The Larch

Yeah, leisure and travel basically disappearing from my agenda really helped me cut down my expenses for the past year.  :P

Sheilbh

On the other hand takeaway meals :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

I've made a really strong effort not to get delivery meals too often and keep cooking myself. I don't even have any food delivery app installed in my phone.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2021, 04:23:40 AM
On the other hand takeaway meals :ph34r:

We've cooked basically every day (including advanced lunches now) and built up a decent repertoire.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I haven't really bought any clothes in the last year. Now I really need to, everything is falling apart.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2021, 05:48:34 AM
I haven't really bought any clothes in the last year. Now I really need to, everything is falling apart.

Same  :lol:

Josquius

Isn't it the rule that after about 28 you just stop buying clothes? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2021, 07:50:47 AM

Yes. The particular item do fall apart & you need a new one but you want the samething.

Sheilbh

You are all monsters of self-restraint. I've spent lockdown sadly expanding my waistband and wardrobe :( :ph34r:

Edit: And in new directions in fashion - I bought a bomber jacket over the winter :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2021, 08:37:54 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2021, 07:50:47 AM

Yes. The particular item do fall apart & you need a new one but you want the samething.

This is the way.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2021, 08:46:19 AM
You are all monsters of self-restraint. I've spent lockdown sadly expanding my waistband and wardrobe :( :ph34r:

:lol: No, not really. You bought clothes. I bought tvs, monitors, videogames & garden accessories.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2021, 08:46:19 AM

Edit: And in new directions in fashion - I bought a bomber jacket over the winter :ph34r:

Hehe, sounds more fun though.  :) But I've been pretty restrained, eating habits stayed the same even though working from home near the fridge. :)   At first I spent very little, didn't even go for coffee or drive my car much.