49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2021, 09:32:22 AM
So how can we even tell anyone that everyone else in the office has been vaccinated? We can tell people to not come in if they have not, but we cannot actually check, or even ask, so far as I know. So how can I tell employee A that employee B has or has not been vaccinated? All I can say is that we have asked people to not come in if they are not vaccinated...but I can't stop anyone from pretty much doing whatever they like.
My company's way around HIPAA was to indirectly ask that anyone who had been vaccinated could register for a raffle to win AirPods, a big screen TV, and some other prizes.  Nobody was required to enter it, and no proof was asked for either. :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

I wonder if there is some kind of HIPAA exemption for vacinnations. I mean, lots of places ask you to show you have been vaccinated for measles, for example - right?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2021, 08:05:40 AM
I wonder if there is some kind of HIPAA exemption for vacinnations. I mean, lots of places ask you to show you have been vaccinated for measles, for example - right?

TYRANNY

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2021, 08:05:40 AM

I googled it after your post and it seems like it varies/is still evolving on exactly what should happen.

So essentially same place as to how EU GDPR does and does not apply in specific instances. :D :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Under GDPR it would need to be based on explicit consent of the individual or you'd need some sort of authorising legal act (for the purposes of substantial public interest, or public health) such as a regulation.

So that's not impossible - but I would note that, for example, the Dutch when updating their data protection law forgot to include the public health exception which has caused issues in the last year (and some creativity by Dutch privacy lawyers) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I just stepped outside to do my weekly groceries run and it made me genuinely uncomfortable. You wouldn't know there's a lockdown going on. Hardly anyone making even a token effort to keep their distance in the streets, with maybe 15% wearing masks (generally people who just stepped out of public transport). Several groups talking to each other hardly 50cm apart without masks. A group of friends meeting, hugging and kissing. A mom telling her little, not well looking, heavily coughing son to finally take that mask off.

In the supermarket, maybe half the people keep their distance at the checkout (doubly annoying if someone has two items and insists using the cashier instead of the self check out). People mixing their used carts and baskets in with the cleaned/disinfected ones.

Yeah, not surprised Vienna keeps posting 1000+ daily new cases. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2021, 03:16:32 AM
I just stepped outside to do my weekly groceries run and it made me genuinely uncomfortable. You wouldn't know there's a lockdown going on. Hardly anyone making even a token effort to keep their distance in the streets, with maybe 15% wearing masks (generally people who just stepped out of public transport). Several groups talking to each other hardly 50cm apart without masks. A group of friends meeting, hugging and kissing. A mom telling her little, not well looking, heavily coughing son to finally take that mask off.

In the supermarket, maybe half the people keep their distance at the checkout (doubly annoying if someone has two items and insists using the cashier instead of the self check out). People mixing their used carts and baskets in with the cleaned/disinfected ones.

Yeah, not surprised Vienna keeps posting 1000+ daily new cases. :ph34r:

Yes, not good, here people are also getting fairly lazy about regulations.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Anyone else forgotten how or why to buy things?

Or is it just me?  :)

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on April 10, 2021, 09:55:10 AM

What are these "things" you speak of?

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 10, 2021, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 10, 2021, 09:55:10 AM

What are these "things" you speak of?

:D

Things, baubles; the stuff we used to buy as good citizens of our consumer economies.  :)

Tamas

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on April 10, 2021, 11:21:42 AM
Mongers, check this out: www.amazon.co.uk

:D

I think i've successfully kicked my amazon habit, despite being an early adopter during the last century*

* was it available then?

Duque de Bragança

Through pigeon mail post I believe.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 10, 2021, 11:28:57 AM
Through pigeon mail post I believe.

Change of tact, tomorrow I'm going to attempt to buy some shoes online if I can't get to an open* shoe shop in the area. 

* supposedly all non-essential shops can open up tomorrow for the first time, but several shoe or outdoor shops seem to have gone bust or cut their number of stores.

crazy canuck

I know what you mean Mongers, the amount of "stuff" we buy is dramatically reduced.