I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Barrister

I dreamed I got the vaccine last night.  AstraZeneca to be specific.

It was a smaller part of a larger dream, but I still remember I felt quite relieved in the dream.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

I could really, really do with some shoe and outdoors kit shops being open now.  <_<

I desperately need new:

walking boots
interview shoes
activity shoes/ lt.boots
Outdoor waterproof waxed coat.
waterproof cycling jacket.
and slippers :pipe:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

You do not need 4 new pairs of shoes.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 14, 2021, 12:17:27 PM

By now, a year without such shopping, I certainly do. :bowler:

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 02:36:27 PM

How many pairs of shoes do you go through in a year?

Grey Fox

Further North you live, more shoes you need.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on March 14, 2021, 04:04:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 02:36:27 PM

How many pairs of shoes do you go through in a year?

Not that many, but as I want to take up longer distance walking I need a new pair for that, indoor shoes/slippers last less than a year, activity shoes/boots for cycling only last a year max due to the amount I do.

So being reasonably active means it adds up.

Josquius

I was meant to be going to Jersey a few days after all flights were stopped here.
Though my gf did manage a trip home last August in the brief window of "it's over right?"
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

My 99 years old grandma will receive her first Moderna shot on Friday. I am both happy and really nervous. I am worried if her body can take the (however minor) shock, but on the other hand, risking this is surely better than living the rest of her life in fear of catching the virus.

Sheilbh

Agreed I think that's very good news.

I was incredibly relieved when my 90 something uncle got his (we don't get on with grandparents in my family :lol:). He needs a visit every few days from a nurse and some support from a daily visit by a carer to support him living alone. It has felt like he's just been super at risk for the last year, especially given the problems in the care sector - so whatever the risks of a vaccine it felt lower than that.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

He made the comments during a meeting with Babis (Czech Rep), Jansa (Slovenia) and Borisov (Bulgaria), so he can happily pretend to be speaking for the disadvantaged. I'm actually quite disgusted with his behavior these last weeks (from attacking state prosecutors who investigate his government's members for corruption to the vaccine debacle).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2021, 01:12:45 PM
Agreed I think that's very good news.

I was incredibly relieved when my 90 something uncle got his (we don't get on with grandparents in my family :lol:). He needs a visit every few days from a nurse and some support from a daily visit by a carer to support him living alone. It has felt like he's just been super at risk for the last year, especially given the problems in the care sector - so whatever the risks of a vaccine it felt lower than that.

Which one did he get?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

After he refused the Chinese water vaccine a few weeks ago, my Dad was contacted again by the GP to get a Russian shot, but he said no again.

I am not happy, it is probably worst of the legit bunch but still should be fine. To be fair, I think there's a long list of "not recommended when" list coming with it, a number of which he'd tick. Still, I am not happy.

The Larch

Can't say about the Chinese as I don't know enough about it (or better them, as there's more than one Chinese vaccine around at this point), but the Russian vaccine is indeed acceptable and better than not getting anything, so unless your dad would fall into the groups for which this vaccine is not recommended he should have received it, unless he can get an alternative one relatively soon.