I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

celedhring

Dunno if putting this on the dream thread or here... today I dreamt that I went out and realized halfway that I had forgot my mask. I rushed home, but the police caught me and I was fined. It's not the first time that I have a "oh no, you're not wearing a mask" nightmare  :hmm: <_<

Syt

Nice weather today. Not going to step out, though, as there's again (like many a Saturday) an anti-government protest against Corona measures (with big support from the far right), and apparently "protest tourists" from Germany, and I'd rather not mingle.

People are still arriving, FPÖ is holding a gathering, and the peak is expected for 3 pm.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 06, 2021, 05:03:13 AM
Dunno if putting this on the dream thread or here... today I dreamt that I went out and realized halfway that I had forgot my mask. I rushed home, but the police caught me and I was fined. It's not the first time that I have a "oh no, you're not wearing a mask" nightmare  :hmm: <_<

I have had it too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Both vaccinations booked :w00t:

Thursday and then the first week of June.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2021, 09:21:32 AM
Both vaccinations booked :w00t:

Thursday and then the first week of June.
How's that? You have asthma or so?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2021, 09:25:31 AM
How's that? You have asthma or so?
Yeah I'm one of the more medium-risk people due to medication I take. I'm not particularly at risk I don't think but good to get it done anyway :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 06, 2021, 05:01:23 AM
Woke up this morning (got the 2nd Moderna shot yesterday) with a slight temperature and congestion...and the sore arm again.  Otherwise fine so far.

Feeling better over the course of the day...even went for a 2.5 mile run.  Will see if I regret that later.  :sleep:

Jacob

The little wheel on the bottom of the cross is a convenient feature. Makes it much easier to bear that cross, for sure.

Syt

Demonstration by right-wingers and Covid deniers went as usual. Police reminds them to wear masks, keep distance. This gets ignored, and police fine a handful of people. Police dissolves demonstration. Protesters ignore it, continue marching through the streets. Police accompany them "to deescalate the situation", but otherwise do nothing. They try to lock off a few streets with a dozen police or so, but the protesters just walk through.

Antifa organized a peaceful bicycle protest, trying to block the protest route. They were dispersed by police.

Today they gathered in Prater (a big park area). On Twitter, police advised people who asked if it was ok to still go to Prater with their kids to stay home. Afterwards police accompanied protesters back. The majority of protesters are from outside Vienna, so they're getting back on buses, trains, etc., ignoring mask mandates (quote police officer: "Well, I already asked; what else can I do?"

Same thing almost every other weekend. This week head of FPÖ Kickl also held an anti-Israel speech to round things off.

:bleeding:

EDIT: Police estimate around 10,000 participants today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2021, 11:30:20 AM
The little wheel on the bottom of the cross is a convenient feature. Makes it much easier to bear that cross, for sure.
It is handy to be able to drag your martyrdom from protest to protest.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

QuoteAntifa organized a peaceful bicycle protest, trying to block the protest route. They were dispersed by police

For when you don't think you've triggered the trumpies enough.... Antifa.... ON BIKES
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

My dad got his vaccine appointment. He's a diabetic 77 y/o so I'll feel much better about this whole shit once he gets the shot.

The Larch

Just realized that today it's been a year since I've last been on a plane.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2021, 01:54:49 PM
Almost the same for me, last flight was March 10th.  We spent a few days in London in early March 2020. Before we flew, we had checked infection numbers, but UK was lower than Germany. So we went to full pubs and a full West End theatre. Only on our flight back from Heathrow it was eerily quiet in the half-empty terminal. A few days later the lockdown here started...

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on March 09, 2021, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2021, 01:54:49 PM
Almost the same for me, last flight was March 10th.  We spent a few days in London in early March 2020. Before we flew, we had checked infection numbers, but UK was lower than Germany. So we went to full pubs and a full West End theatre. Only on our flight back from Heathrow it was eerily quiet in the half-empty terminal. A few days later the lockdown here started...

Similar for me, I went on a week long family trip to Norway, which had been a present for my mom, and everything was completely normal, just business as usual. When we left rumours of restrictions were swirling but did not seem inminent, and once we were back the full national lockdown was enacted in a few days.