I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2021, 02:29:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2021, 08:40:31 AM
Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  I had to drive to Frankfort to get it (no appointments available in Louisville), and it was pretty weird because before I got to the place, there was a military checkpoint. :huh:  Then once I cleared that, the place was crawling with troops, along with (I guess) public health officials and then the nurses administering the doses.  It was really well organized, though, and I got in and out pretty quickly considering all the people that were there.

The vaccine hits you hard though, man.  I felt fine for a couple of hours after the shot, but eventually my arm started hurting really bad at the injection site... like it was smacked with a 2x4 really.  I was exhausted last night and collapsed on the couch despite having tons of work to do, and this morning I feel like I have a cold and the lymph nodes around my right armpit (arm I got the shot in) are all swollen, and I have a persistent headache and my joints are all achey.

Did they tell you which brand you got?
If you keep reading his post up to the second half of the first sentence, you'll have your answer.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 04, 2021, 06:42:06 PM
Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  I had to drive to Frankfort to get it (no appointments available in Louisville), and it was pretty weird because before I got to the place, there was a military checkpoint. :huh:  Then once I cleared that, the place was crawling with troops, along with (I guess) public health officials and then the nurses administering the doses.  It was really well organized, though, and I got in and out pretty quickly considering all the people that were there.

The vaccine hits you hard though, man.  I felt fine for a couple of hours after the shot, but eventually my arm started hurting really bad at the injection site... like it was smacked with a 2x4 really.  I was exhausted last night and collapsed on the couch despite having tons of work to do, and this morning I feel like I have a cold and the lymph nodes around my right armpit (arm I got the shot in) are all swollen, and I have a persistent headache and my joints are all achey.

If you keep reading his post up to the second half of the first sentence, you'll have your answer.

No, he said which brand he got.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2021, 06:44:27 PM

No, he said which brand he got.

He is not in Texas

Admiral Yi

My bad.  :weep:

Caliga

Relax, I myself forgot I had mentioned it in my initial post.  My brain is a bit foggy today. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
Relax, I myself forgot I had mentioned it in my initial post.  My brain is a bit foggy today. :)

If I plead mea culpa then I get to maintain the right to slag on other people's poor reading comprehension.  :)

Caliga

A case of Delta-8 gummies arrived in the mail today, so I will probably remain fuzzy through to the end of the weekend. :)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2021, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2021, 11:28:44 AM
Maybe you just hit old age, and it's unrelated to the vaccine?
:sleep:

I'm about the same age, and only had a sore arm...none of those other side effects at all.  Getting dose #2 today...I should be a zombie by Monday.

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on March 02, 2021, 11:53:30 AM
The EU gets a lot of deserved criticism for its vaccine rollout. However, if the EU had acted like the US and stopped all vaccine exports, the stories for Israel and the UK would look rather different too.

Saw some figures:

QuoteSince Jan. 30 more than 8 million vaccines were shipped from the EU to Britain, a third EU source said.

Britain has so far prevented the export of AstraZeneca vaccines to the EU, using a UK-first clause in its supply contract with the Anglo-Swedish firm, EU officials have said.
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AW19S?__twitter_impression=true

Of course that will never be mentioned in the British government propaganda while at the same time obsessively comparing with Europe.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on March 05, 2021, 06:34:21 AM
Saw some figures:

QuoteSince Jan. 30 more than 8 million vaccines were shipped from the EU to Britain, a third EU source said.

Britain has so far prevented the export of AstraZeneca vaccines to the EU, using a UK-first clause in its supply contract with the Anglo-Swedish firm, EU officials have said.
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AW19S?__twitter_impression=true

Of course that will never be mentioned in the British government propaganda while at the same time obsessively comparing with Europe.
The 8 million sounds roughly like that's the volume of Pfizer we've had. I think from what I understand the rollout's been roughly 50/50 Pfizer and AZ.

And I saw VDL recently run through jurisdictions and noted the EU which was being open with vaccine exports, the US wasn't and she said the UK is also restricted like the US. Which I just disagree with - and this may be the lawyer in me - but there's a world of difference betwen having a contract that says you have to supply us x amount from these factories before you can use them for anyone else and export controls.

The UK government hasn't publicly commented much on Europe's vaccine roll-out because the message is generally that we want everyone to get innoculated. The exception to that is when European regulators such as figures in the EMA, or VDL, or Macron etc have made comments that basically imply the UK is being unsafe or using ineffective vaccines or taking too many risks. And it's right to push back against that because it may just be explaining to a domestic European audience why things are slower, but it could impact trust here too. I think some European politicians have been irresponsible in their language about vaccines in an attempt to avoid responsibility - it seems to me that it is probably one of the factors in some reluctance around the AZ vaccine.

And I think whatever happened there would be comparisons. The Guardian and the Lancet and the BMJ all had a number of pieces last year about how not joining the EU procurement scheme was a huge mistake that would make it very difficult for the UK to get enough vaccines quickly, Labour and the Lib Dems both opposed that decision. If that was correct there would be other obsessive comparisons just in the Guardian etc. The only way there would be no comparisons would be if there was no difference - and then I think we'd all be paying more attention to the success in the US and Israel.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 05, 2021, 06:09:02 AM
I'm about the same age, and only had a sore arm...none of those other side effects at all.  Getting dose #2 today...I should be a zombie by Monday.
I've heard it varies a lot... but since you are in the military I am sure you're in much better shape than me, so that's probably part of it. :Embarrass:

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2021, 07:03:55 AM... this may be the lawyer in me - but there's a world of difference betwen having a contract that says you have to supply us x amount from these factories before you can use them for anyone else and export controls.

It is the lawyer in you.

grumbler

Got my second jab of Moderna today.  I had no adverse effects from the first (other than the standard sore arm) so keeping my fingers crossed on the second.

I'm hoping that the word "Moderna" is Italian for "immortal."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Woke up this morning (got the 2nd Moderna shot yesterday) with a slight temperature and congestion...and the sore arm again.  Otherwise fine so far.