I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on February 24, 2021, 03:26:48 PM
Got round 1, didn't turn into a zombie.

Exactly what a zombie would say, if a zombie could access the internet.

Eddie Teach

Are we sure PDH wasn't always a zombie?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Hmm, you raise a fine existential question.  Given the basic logic of the situation, I will have to assume that I have always been a zombie, just a really crappy one that is too lazy to eat brains.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

It looks like I'll be getting my first vaccination on Thursday afternoon. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on March 01, 2021, 09:51:46 AM
It looks like I'll be getting my first vaccination on Thursday afternoon. :cool:
Actually I'll be getting it on Wednesday afternoon instead. :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on March 01, 2021, 03:44:28 PM

Why won't you fuckers share your vaccines? :mad:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/biden-vaccine-help-canada-mexico-1.5932176
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2021, 03:46:00 PM

Just goes to show you that total reliance on international trade is an act of strategic stupidity.  In time of extreme hardship, your family comes first.  It works on a personal level, and it works on a country level.  Yes, some economist can do the math and show you how inefficient self-sufficiency is, but insurance isn't efficient either, and yet people somehow still need it.

Caliga

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2021, 03:46:00 PM

America First!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Also, we are much filthier than Canadians, so probably better that we get vaccinated first.

Tamas

I am sorry but how could Europe get all those vaccines with the US hoarding them?

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on March 01, 2021, 05:33:40 PM
I am sorry but how could Europe get all those vaccines with the US hoarding them?

What do you mean?

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2021, 05:53:40 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 01, 2021, 05:33:40 PM

What do you mean?

That American hoarding can't be the main reason for Canada dropping the ball.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 01, 2021, 06:27:15 PM
That American hoarding can't be the main reason for Canada dropping the ball.
From what I read on the BBC Canada has agreed to get lots of vaccine from Europe - precisely because of the risk of Americans hoarding. Unfortunately I think one of the big issues is that all of the vaccines they're getting from Europe have been hit by big supply issues - Pfizer, AZ and Moderna - it's similar in Japan from what I understand.

I think Canada's now started buying at least the AZ vaccine from the Indian manufacturer (who I think are also now supplying Europe because from what I understand AZ's European manufacturing is hugely improved but still about 50% of where it needs to be). Similarly Moderna is, from what I understand, at very early stages in ramping up their production (the UK isn't expecting any until April I don't think - and EU supplies are very low).

But I think Pfizer are going to be delivering a lot more in March (at least to the UK which is supplied by the same factory) because the re-fit of their Belgian factory should be finishing soon. I think the dip in production while they were doing the re-fit basically hit everyone using Pfizer outside the US.
Let's bomb Russia!