I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

mongers

Anyone else had a profound experience as a result of the covid crisis?

Mine came a few weeks ago, going to bed late I realised I'd not shaved in 3 or 4 days, by the time I'd wake up next day it would be like a forest, so TINA.

So I had a shave with my electric shaver at 4am; best ever results I've had with it. :)

Due to lock-down laziness, I've now done this a couple of more times and it's quite the revelations. :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on February 19, 2021, 11:15:31 AM

Mine came a few weeks ago, going to bed late I realised I'd not shaved in 3 or 4 days, by the time I'd wake up next day it would be like a forest, so TINA.

So I had a shave with my electric shaver at 4am; best ever results I've had with it. :)

Due to lock-down laziness, I've now done this a couple of more times and it's quite the revelations. :D
Yeah.  Plus the cleanliness of the house. I'd have thought not going out and not running around would leave more time for housework. It has, but sucked away all the desire to bother.

My car was full of trashtoo. I didn't think much of it until I blew a tire and needed repair. I was almost embarrassed by what the mechanic thought of me. But the general apathy took care of that. That's what I call a win.
PDH!

Maladict

Yes, standards have definitely been lowered across the board.

I used to invite people over to make myself clean the place properly, that strategy worked really well up until a year ago  :lol: :(

Syt

I started having my cleaning lady come in again. So every Friday I have to leave the apartment for 2 hours or so. Which is a bit of an issue, because nothing is really open, and it's not warm enough yet to plop onto a bench with a book or a podcast. :D So currently Fridays are my "go for an extended walk" day.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

I'm thinking of going full bourgeoisie and hire a cleaning lady when I move back to California.  :sleep:

Tamas

You know Syt you could just clean your flat on your own. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on February 19, 2021, 01:49:36 PM
I started having my cleaning lady come in again. So every Friday I have to leave the apartment for 2 hours or so. Which is a bit of an issue, because nothing is really open, and it's not warm enough yet to plop onto a bench with a book or a podcast. :D So currently Fridays are my "go for an extended walk" day.
I can't wait till I can get my cleaner back :blush: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Just how big properties you guys are living in exactly? :p

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

ulmont

I discovered I could just say fuck it, I'm mostly bald now anyway, and give myself a 2mm buzz with Remington clippers.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on February 19, 2021, 04:30:43 PM

And deprive a small company and a middle aged Eastern European lady of income in this day and age? :o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: ulmont on February 19, 2021, 04:40:22 PM

I discovered I could just say fuck it, I'm mostly bald now anyway, and give myself a 2mm buzz with Remington clippers.
:lol: In hair discoveries, my hair is longer than it's ever been and I've discovered that naturally it would fall into a sort of 90s rom-com/Take That curtains look.

I might need to buy an alice band if the barbers don't open soon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on February 19, 2021, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: Tamas on February 19, 2021, 04:30:43 PM

And deprive a small company and a middle aged Eastern European lady of income in this day and age? :o
You're right, Tamas is a monster :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: ulmont on February 19, 2021, 04:40:22 PM

I've been doing that for ages, anyways. Once a week or every other week is plenty.
—Stephen Jay Gould

saskganesh

A house cleaner is one of the best investments a guy will ever make. Even just once a month for 4 hours.
humans were created in their own image