49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 04, 2021, 03:58:17 AM
Shops will reopen on the 8th. FFP2 masks mandatory, 1 customer per 20 square meters.

I look forward to going to a book shop.

Meanwhile, Austrian economy took the biggest dive in Europe. Mostly because of the loss of tourism (GDP/cap from tourism is quite high for AT).

We still beat you year-on-year  :menace:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 02, 2021, 01:38:35 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 01, 2021, 01:00:14 PM
Got the first jab today.  Not a zombie yet.  :(

Only side effect so far is the sore arm...feels like when I had a bruise on the arm from being nipped by a horse a year or so back...but without the bruise discoloration. 

But most of the effects (flu-like symptoms, cold chills, etc) are supposed to come after jab #2.

Arm soreness peaked yesterday...down significantly today, but still a bit tender.  Still no other side effects so far.

(for those keeping score at home, I/we got the Moderna vaccine)

Berkut

Scheduled to get the vaccine tomorrow. I am going to ahve to drive about 4 hours to get it, but its worth it to not have to wait IMO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2021, 12:36:08 PM
Scheduled to get the vaccine tomorrow. I am going to ahve to drive about 4 hours to get it, but its worth it to not have to wait IMO.

If it is reducing risk of you getting sick, it is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

OK I've been tested 4 times this year, still working in the shelter, cooking and shipping food, wearing a mask for upto ten hours a day. Opiate deaths are on the upswing, we have lost 6 tenants in 4 months.

We make 700 hundred meals a day and have now blown our budget. :cheers:
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Over Christmas, which was a crazy time, I asked my friend, mentor and direct boss how he keeps it together. He told me " I don't have a choice."

And there we are. This year (2021) will be the year of the 1000 yard stare.

saskganesh

I got a pack of 50 stylee black masks that actually fit my face and big nose. 15$ and a pack of banned menthol cigarettes.So things are looking up. :ph34r:

Sheilbh

Might get my vaccine soon! I take some immune suppressing medication so I'm in one of the high-risk low-risk group (cohort 6).

Asked to send my preferences through to the NHS which is done :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on February 06, 2021, 12:49:28 AM
OK I've been tested 4 times this year, still working in the shelter, cooking and shipping food, wearing a mask for upto ten hours a day. Opiate deaths are on the upswing, we have lost 6 tenants in 4 months.

We make 700 hundred meals a day and have now blown our budget. :cheers:

Wow that's some sterling work Sasks. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

My uncle just passed away. While not directly covid related, the lock down and lack of social contact was really effecting him. He committed  suicide last night. He was in his 80s
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2021, 02:04:54 PM
My uncle just passed away. While not directly covid related, the lock down and lack of social contact was really effecting him. He committed  suicide last night. He was in his 80s

:( Just when there's light at the end of the tunnel.