I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Tonitrus

I've had pub (veggie) burgers here in the UK.  And just from those experiences, I am convinced you guys suck at hamburgers.  :)

HVC

how do you mess up a hamburger?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Had a look at Five Guys' menu here. Cheapest, most basic burger is 13.50. :lol: Yeah, no.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2021, 01:17:22 PM
Had a look at Five Guys' menu here. Cheapest, most basic burger is 13.50. :lol: Yeah, no.

That's for a combo, right?  That's about what I paid at O'Hare.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2021, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2021, 01:17:22 PM

That's for a combo, right?  That's about what I paid at O'Hare.

Not as far as I can see. Actually, cheapest burger is the "Little Hamburger" for EUR 10. Medium fries are 6.50. Milkshake (0.4 liters) is EUR 7.

For comparison, Triple Whopper combo with drink and fries is 10.70 at BK.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Damn.

But then again about half of that is VAT, right?  :P

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2021, 03:43:58 PM
Damn.

But then again about half of that is VAT, right?  :P

VAT on food is 7% :P

But yeah, for the price of a Five Guys menu I can go to a little Beisl and have a schnitzel with potato salad and a beer, or a pork roast with dumpling and a beer.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2021, 03:44:37 PM

But yeah, for the price of a Five Guys menu I can go to a little Beisl and have a schnitzel with potato salad and a beer, or a pork roast with dumpling and a beer.

Yeah exactly, I can have a real meal in a place that doesn't look like a dump for that amount.

Tonitrus

Got the first jab today.  Not a zombie yet.  :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 01, 2021, 01:00:14 PM

How did you get so far up the line?  Special deal for military?

I checked Iowa's rules and I'm stuck in with everyone above 18.

mongers

:cool:

My frail housebound 91 year old mother had the first jab this afternoon, apparently the vaccinator said she had another 11 people to do and that was about 4pm.

I guess the NHS is now catching up on the last few over 80 old outs, apparently the old dear has had three or four central NHS calls asking about what she's planning to do.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2021, 01:05:44 PM

How did you get so far up the line?  Special deal for military?

I checked Iowa's rules and I'm stuck in with everyone above 18.

Probably.  We're definitely not in the local/UK queue...and I am sure the military got a certain allotment for us here overseas, and I know all of the front-line military medical folks/first-responders over here have been getting it for a while. 

- We were just asked a short while back "do you want it when available, or not?"  (it is actually voluntary for us), I said "sure, I'll get it".
- Last week I get an email "we've got eight spots available on this day/time, can you make it?"..."yes".
- Show up and get it.

Barrister

No 1st vaccinations happening in Alberta due to lack of vaccine. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Canada vaccinated a whopping 5,017 people yesterday.  Over one month after vaccines were approved, we've done 2.2% of our population.  At that rate it'll take over 4 years to do everyone.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.