I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 26, 2021, 09:06:54 AM
It's worth it atleast once.

Meh, I'd say it's massively overpriced for what is fairly standard fast food.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on January 26, 2021, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 26, 2021, 09:06:54 AM
It's worth it atleast once.

Meh, I'd say it's massively overpriced for what is fairly standard fast food.

I'd say it is a cut above the basics like BK and McDonald's but agree it's price point is on premium side for its class.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Thats why I've never tried it. Came close once, but didn't get beyond a meter in the door.
Its not like their restaurant is even designed nicely. It really just looks like McDonalds but 3x the price.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 26, 2021, 10:23:44 AM
Thats why I've never tried it. Came close soon, but don't get beyond a meter in the door.
Its not like their restaurant is even designed nicely. It really just looks like McDonalds but 3x the price.

It's probably comparable to quality of food at GBK or Byron.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I'm starting to think that UK Five Guys is different than Canada Five Guys.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 26, 2021, 10:31:56 AM

I've had it in both US and UK. I don't think I'd say there was much difference though UK had even higher price tag.

Tonitrus

Last Friday, I made a Lockdown mistake of going to a grocery store (Sainsburys) located near a McDonalds.  The massive vehicle lineup at their drive-thru for what is apparently the UK's craving for a  Friday-night Big Mac fest was blocking the grocery parking lot.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Pretty sad grocery parking lot then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2021, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 26, 2021, 10:31:56 AM

I've had it in both US and UK. I don't think I'd say there was much difference though UK had even higher price tag.

It's more expensive than the vastly superior Honest Burgers

Josquius

Wendys now. Wendys I miss. Used to go to the Harajuku one about once a month for a short while. It was pretty good and not massively expensive.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on January 27, 2021, 12:35:09 PM
Wendys now. Wendys I miss. Used to go to the Harajuku one about once a month for a short while. It was pretty good and not massively expensive.

They are planning to relaunch in the UK in the Summer. I remember having them in the 90s but can't really remember if they were any good or not

Tonitrus

As a kid/teenager, Wendys was always the go-to chain burger place for me and my brothers.

HVC

Wendy's has good salads. i mean, not exactly what you'd go to a burger place for normally, but their competition sucks so wholly that i just wanted to give Wendy's their due.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

I think it must be 2 years since I went to a burger joint; I'm starting to get cravings  :)