I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 04:43:41 AM
Thanks!

It's because it was a gargle test. Guy was here half an hour ago. I guess I will get a notification some time this afternoon or so.

Syt, hoping it goes OK for you.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Thanks, I'm not overly worried. I feel mostly fine except for the fever, exhaustion and a light cough. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fromtia

I got a rapid test a few days ago and a negative result, that's good. Because I work in a busy restaurant I have been sort of anticipating getting this thing at some point, but I'm as diligent as I can be under the circumstances. The vector of my potential exposure was not work though.

My dearly loved 19 year old cat had kidney failure (Eddy Merckx) so I called my ex wife and let her know it would be a good time to say good bye to her old cat if she wished too, and she came and spent an hour with this beautiful old friend. She called me a day or two later and said she got a positive covid test. Oh poo. I don't generally get very close to my ex, but I spent an hour talking with her in the living room with my son.

My son and I get the rapid test (6 days after potential exposure) both negative. My ex wife is fine, very healthy, dance instructor, 45, probably in no danger and doesn't have too difficult symptoms.

Very alarmingly though her mother now has it, and her mothers and her mothers husbands health are not optimal. She is not doing well so far.

I had my cat euthanized, to give her a better death than the one kidney failure brings, my girlfriend and I were both with her when she died. I had loved that cat and cared for it diligently , I cried for days after she went. 
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Maladict

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

19. Wow. It had a good run. Poor cat.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on January 06, 2021, 11:35:12 AM
Very alarmingly though her mother now has it, and her mothers and her mothers husbands health are not optimal. She is not doing well so far.

I had my cat euthanized, to give her a better death than the one kidney failure brings, my girlfriend and I were both with her when she died. I had loved that cat and cared for it diligently , I cried for days after she went.

:(

Sorry Formtia, must have been a very trying time for you, but take comfort from having done the right thing all that time.

Syt

Still waiting for my test result. Feeling ok today - scratchy throat, just elevated temperature. Muscles still very tired.

My new fridge arrived today. Yay! (The old one had a coolant leak from which gas escaped.) My landlord is paying for it, so that's good. But it also meant figuring out my food situation for a few days without a refrigerator.

So I ordered sushi for dinner. I rarely order it myself, because it's such a staple of lunch meetings at work that I have it usually every other week or so, when there's no lockdown. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2021, 01:47:46 PM
Still waiting for my test result. Feeling ok today - scratchy throat, just elevated temperature. Muscles still very tired.

My new fridge arrived today. Yay! (The old one had a coolant leak from which gas escaped.) My landlord is paying for it, so that's good. But it also meant figuring out my food situation for a few days without a refrigerator.

So I ordered sushi for dinner. I rarely order it myself, because it's such a staple of lunch meetings at work that I have it usually every other week or so, when there's no lockdown. :D

Hopefully you'll be in the clear either way in a few days.

mongers

On Christmas Eve I gave myself a new haircut, not for the non-family get together, but because I reasoned I should look presentable if I had to go into hospital over the next few weeks.

Also got myself some new underwear for the same reason,though I don't know if hospitals allow one to use underwear as opposed to letting it all hang out in those diaphanous blouses patients wear.  :Embarrass:

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2021, 05:22:44 PM
On Christmas Eve I gave myself a new haircut, not for the non-family get together, but because I reasoned I should look presentable if I had to go into hospital over the next few weeks.

Also got myself some new underwear for the same reason,though I don't know if hospitals allow one to use underwear as opposed to letting it all hang out in those diaphanous blouses patients wear.  :Embarrass:

The usual thinking is that if they have to cut your underwear off you you, it should at least look nice and not full of holes.  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Friend of mine that works at a hospital has become the first person I know that's got vaccinated.

Syt

So I called the hotline today, asking where my results are. "Oh, they were done two days ago, it's negative." :rolleyes:

"So, can you send it to me?"

"You need to send an email to [address], they will send you a link in the next few days."

:rolleyes:

Still having a light fever, but feel fine enough for the 8 hour roadtrip on Sunday. :bleeding:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2021, 03:39:59 AM
Friend of mine that works at a hospital has become the first person I know that's got vaccinated.

Buddy of mine from my hockey team (who is a nurse) got vaccinated the other day.  First person I know.

Going to stay with health care workers for a while yet.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.