I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

11B4V

Ugh, Inslee  extended the current restrictions. Prob for the best, but still  :bash:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2020, 11:47:55 PM
Ugh, Inslee  extended the current restrictions. Prob for the best, but still  :bash:

As of midnight 5 hours ago, here we've gone into the highest tier 4 restrictions; but those won't be enough.

I expect the government to invent a new tier 5 in the next few dasy and put most of the country into it, a fig leaf to avoid calling it a national lockdown.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

So... Does tier 4 practically change anyrhing?
I already don't have any school age kids or go to non food related shops....
You're still allowed tradesmen in right?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on December 31, 2020, 04:06:04 AM
Tier 4 does change things - at least in London. You can't meet people outside your household, shouldn't be outside your home without a reason (like first lockdown) and not travel etc.

But yes. As a single man who doesn't do much shopping in many ways this gruelling public health emergency looks a lot like my normal life :lol: :P But I do miss cafes, pubs, restaurants, social contact, travel, holidays outside of London, indoor spaces etc :(

I think you've always been allowed tradesmen (thank God because my hot water and heating's broken multiple times in various levels of lockdown :lol: :weep:).

QuoteAs of midnight 5 hours ago, here we've gone into the highest tier 4 restrictions; but those won't be enough.
Of course nothing might be enough with the new strain :ph34r:

But I don't understand why they're still only rolling out Tier 4 region by region when it's clear eveywhere will end up in Tier 4 eventually. It's just pissing in the wind <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Curfew starting at 20.00 hours, unlike Christmas' Eve with 100,000 policemen and gendarmes to enforce it, allegedly. Might result in less cars burned as well (stupid banlieue tradition).

Watching old Japanese cartoons of my childhood/youth (Coucou Ségolène !) I guess with port, champagne and chocolate cake for New Year's Day while watching an empty New Year's Concert in Vienna.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 31, 2020, 05:27:32 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 31, 2020, 04:06:04 AM
Tier 4 does change things - at least in London. You can't meet people outside your household, shouldn't be outside your home without a reason (like first lockdown) and not travel etc.

But yes. As a single man who doesn't do much shopping in many ways this gruelling public health emergency looks a lot like my normal life :lol: :P But I do miss cafes, pubs, restaurants, social contact, travel, holidays outside of London, indoor spaces etc :(

I think you've always been allowed tradesmen (thank God because my hot water and heating's broken multiple times in various levels of lockdown :lol: :weep:).

That's good. There's a few things I need my dad to take care of here

But yes. I miss pubs. Should have gone out more in summer when I had the chance.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Wanted to go for a leisurely walk down Ringstraße and around the museums while listening to a podcast. If you didn't know it, you wouldn't think there's a strict lockdown (well, you'd be wondering why most shops and all restaurants are closed). Lots of people milling about. Large groups of kids in the soccer and basketball cages.

Went to buy groceries, and the shop was the busiest I've seen it in half a year.

I need different places to go for a walk, because it was way too busy to feel relaxing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Germany is now limiting private meetings to one household plus one other person, also a ban of going more than 15km from your residence in high incidence areas. Schools and kindergartens remain closed.

Tamas

In the spirit of strict lockdown tomorrow I'll drop off a parcel return at a gas station, drive to another one to have an (automatic) wash of the car because it is putrid on the outside, then on Friday will have my MOT done at a local garage because otherwise I'll be forced off the roads.

Syt

Last night, I started to feel tired, exhausted, and my muscles started to hurt. I went to bed and woke up at 2:30 am with 38.5°C fever and a light cough. This morning the temp has dropped by a degree, but I still feel bad. I did the online check on the city of Vienna homepage which says there's a high chance it might be Covid, so I'm now queued up for someone to come to my apartment for testing.

Seriously, I can't imagine it's Covid. For months now I've not met friends, and the only people I ran into were when I went to the supermarket, for a walk, or the occasional food or Amazon delivery. And I diligently wash my hands every time I step inside. :unsure:

EDIT: They'll come between 9:15 am and 12:15 pm. And I'm not supposed to eat after 7:15 am. They texted me at 7:51 am.  :rolleyes:
(I haven't eaten anything, anyways.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 01:48:08 AM
Last night, I started to feel tired, exhausted, and my muscles started to hurt. I went to bed and woke up at 2:30 am with 38.5°C fever and a light cough. This morning the temp has dropped by a degree, but I still feel bad. I did the online check on the city of Vienna homepage which says there's a high chance it might be Covid, so I'm now queued up for someone to come to my apartment for testing.

Seriously, I can't imagine it's Covid. For months now I've not met friends, and the only people I ran into were when I went to the supermarket, for a walk, or the occasional food or Amazon delivery. And I diligently wash my hands every time I step inside. :unsure:

EDIT: They'll come between 9:15 am and 12:15 pm. And I'm not supposed to eat after 7:15 am. They texted me at 7:51 am.  :rolleyes:
(I haven't eaten anything, anyways.)

Best of luck Syt!

The no eating thing is odd, haven't heard that before.

Syt

Thanks!

It's because it was a gargle test. Guy was here half an hour ago. I guess I will get a notification some time this afternoon or so.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

The Larch

Crossing my fingers. It might be something else or just a weird day under the weather, hopefully nothing to worry about.