I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 15, 2020, 12:24:20 PM
I drink a lot more now.
Me too, and oddly my company has been actually encouraging that.

Like yesterday we had a 'Holiday-themed' (Zoom) meeting and they encouraged us to show up at the meeting with drinks in hand.  My boss scolded me for not having one, even though I told him I was holding off because I had a stored proc to finish rewriting and I really don't think I should code while drunk. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Cal if you are not going to take your most important job duties seriously they will find somebody who will :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

police had to interrupt two more private gatherings in my immediate area, again.
people never fucking learn anything.

Apparently, Christmas is also cancelled in our area, despite being orange instead of red.  I really wish I had known before buying my gifts.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 15, 2020, 09:19:42 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: Maladict on December 15, 2020, 07:13:13 AM
One day into second lockdown, and talk among friends and family is decidedly more negative and depressing than the first time round. In some cases worryingly so.  :(

Part of it has to be the time of year. Winter is depressing even in the best of times.
Yeah 100%.

March was bad but the days were getting lighter as time went on and the weather turned beautiful in April. Now it's dark by 4 - really need the Christmas tree and festiveness right now.

It's not as cold as Alaska...but the winter is far more dark/depressing here.  The brightening effect of the persistent winter snow layer is a real one.

The Brain

Stockholm hasn't seen the sun in weeks. And with the sun setting before 3 PM you really need that brief sunshine. It's also warm and therefore no snow, so the darkness is oppressive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2020, 02:10:32 PM
Cal if you are not going to take your most important job duties seriously they will find somebody who will :lol:
:D

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on December 15, 2020, 03:09:35 PM
Stockholm hasn't seen the sun in weeks. And with the sun setting before 3 PM you really need that brief sunshine. It's also warm and therefore no snow, so the darkness is oppressive.
ewwwww
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2020, 10:05:37 PM
ewwwww

I'm gonna be the bigger man here, however impossible that seems.

DGuller

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on December 16, 2020, 04:02:35 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2020, 10:05:37 PM
ewwwww

I'm gonna be the bigger man here, however impossible that seems.
I meant having to deal with dark and no snow, knowing how miserable it can be here with similar circumstances.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Managed a video call with my just-turned-99 grandma.  :cry:

It's not easy as I haven't been able to convince my parents to get smartphones for themselves. But my brother-in-law setup a hotspot for a laptop on his mobile, plus a speaker so she could hear me ok. It was great but also gut-wrenching. Can't wait to hop on a plane once this mess subsidies.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2020, 06:27:40 AM

It's not easy as I haven't been able to convince my parents to get smartphones for themselves. But my brother-in-law setup a hotspot for a laptop on his mobile, plus a speaker so she could hear me ok. It was great but also gut-wrenching. Can't wait to hop on a plane once this mess subsidies.

:hug:

Sheilbh

:hug:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

I'm jealous you still have grandparents alive.  Mine started dying in 1980. :(

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2020, 09:44:46 AM

I'm jealous you still have grandparents alive.  Mine started dying in 1980. :(

:(

My grandpa (her husband) died back in 1993. I have always considered it a big shame because I was too young (13 when he died) to really appreciate him, and I feel like I have missed out on a lot of quality time, so I "have the feels".

My maternal grandparents died in fairly quick succession two years ago. They were both well into their 80s, so overall can't complain I guess. But they had a lot of health problems by then and quite frankly they were tired of living. I am very grateful for the extra time I got to spend with them compared to my grandpa above, but if someone offered me the choice to go out suddenly and relatively painlessly at grandpa's age at the time, or endure on for another decade as nature batters away relentlessly at my body and mind, there's a good chance I'd go with the quick and early version.

Anyways, apologies for the off-topic.