I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Josquius

A lot from my office chose to go in. I don't think they're the workaholics of the office. I think it's more just they don't have a good space to work from home. Flat shares, young kids, etc...
██████
██████
██████

garbon

My new manager remarked that he has so little to do in his personal life now that he told his wife he just wishes he could work on weekends/looks forward to the week. :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 09:20:44 AM
A lot from my office chose to go in. I don't think they're the workaholics of the office. I think it's more just they don't have a good space to work from home. Flat shares, young kids, etc...
Yeah - those people I understand, they kind of need to work in the office. But there's just a weird split in my office: people with young kids, very junior people, very senior people and that's it :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2020, 09:22:00 AM
My new manager remarked that he has so little to do in his personal life now that he told his wife he just wishes he could work on weekends/looks forward to the week. :wacko:
Oh my Christ :blink: :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I may be unfocused and not see private projects through to the end, but not once in my working life have I been in a position where I was so bored with my free time that I would choose to work instead. There's gazillions of things to do. My book and movie backlog alone would keep me busy for the next 20 years, I reckon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Yes thankfully the other directors my level all looked on a bit shocked.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

His wife must be thrilled to hear that.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on November 04, 2020, 09:33:28 AM

His wife must be thrilled to hear that.  :lol:
She's having a lot of affairs :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Sounds like a murder-suicide waiting to happen. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

So, new measures for the next month have been announced for my region's cities:

- No meeting anyone from outside your home.
- Restaurants, bars, pubs, etc. all to close for the month.
- Curfew still in place.
- No team sports, you can only practice sport individually.
- No leaving the city + a few neighbouring towns, unless for work or essential travel.

Syt

Went for a bit of a walk this afternoon. Was surprised how busy the streets were. Tons of people milling about, not less than usual. I did see more people wearing masks in the streets. Maybe 10% of people?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Threviel

My region of Sweden, Halland, has new local regulations. Covid is on the rise and we're more or less back to the close-downs from spring, but more serious since Covid is far more prevalent locally now.

So my employer announced new rules. Those that can should work from home if at all possible. Except us developers, we are to work normally since there's so much to do.

Tamas

First day of new English lockdown, perhaps there is a small reduction in car traffic on my usual route, but not major.

Nowhere near the amazing near-desolate roads of the first lockdown.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2020, 07:35:15 AM
First day of new English lockdown, perhaps there is a small reduction in car traffic on my usual route, but not major.

Nowhere near the amazing near-desolate roads of the first lockdown.
Also in the run-up to the last lockdown people stopped going out (the biggest fall in people going out was actually before lockdown was announced). This time bookings were up because people went out for one last hurrah.

I think the risk calculation people are making is different, so this may actually need a bit more enforcement.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Ok so this is the stuff I hate:

I am busy unpacking the trunk of the car, on my right on the road this lady in her 30s comes running (as in jogging). I can hear her laboured mouthbreathing from like 2 meters away. But she just wouldn't use the entirely empty open road and side-step, no, she has to run almost scraping against the side of my car and run past like 30cm of me (thanks for me stepping aside) while she loudly labours to get enough air in and out of her lungs via her mouth.