Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2020, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 02, 2020, 02:24:55 PM
Wow I'm so ashamed by these people people...the correct greeting is

who the fuck are you?

Thank God you were on today.  What the hell was Brain thinking - "Hello there"

I was going for a "General Kenobi!".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Has that meme ever been referenced on Languish before?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: The Brain on November 03, 2020, 03:45:29 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 02, 2020, 08:13:07 PM
Has that meme ever been referenced on Languish before?

AFAIK no.

My memory may be foggy on this, but I seem to recall this is how I was welcomed back the last time I disappeared.

In spirit if not in words  :D (kidding).

mongers

Had to go and get toothpaste on Saturday evening, only Lidl open, quite quiet but noticed nearly all the eggs, most flour and most pasta had sold out. At least they had their Xmas stuff out so I bought a few extra things.

Yesterday did an early evening shop, no milk, few eggs, no sausages, little bread and much of the vegetables had sold out; seems the stupidity has started again.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Austrian supermarkets report that you can tell people are preparing to cook more themselves again instead of going out. No shortages of any kind reported. I went to my local corner supermarket yesterday for a normal shopping run. It was as busy or quiet as always.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Syt on November 03, 2020, 09:29:23 AM
Austrian supermarkets report that you can tell people are preparing to cook more themselves again instead of going out. No shortages of any kind reported. I went to my local corner supermarket yesterday for a normal shopping run. It was as busy or quiet as always.

Same here in Switzerland. No shortages, no lines, food delivery works like clockwork, can even still get very niche Japanese food we usually order.

Iormlund

Outbreak at the plant continues. Newest positive comes from one of the shift supervisors in my production area.

I spent most of my day holed up in my office.  :ph34r:

Syt

So while the company sent an email strongly encouraging everyone to work from home, I just heard all senior people - and those who consider themselves to be - are at the office (which is about half our office). :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2020, 09:05:02 AM
So while the company sent an email strongly encouraging everyone to work from home, I just heard all senior people - and those who consider themselves to be - are at the office (which is about half our office). :lol:
:lol:

My observation at my work - the only people who have gone back into the office who don't literally need to be in the office are partners who I might suggest have some work/life balance issues :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Well, our boss goes to the office because at home he has a wife and three small kids aged 10 months through 12 years. Everyone else .... no idea. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

I go in to my office from time to time and two of our tax guys (including our SVP of Tax/Chief Tax Officer) are always there, and both admitted to me it's to get away from their families. :lol:

You got to understand, for some people the love of their life IS their job.  Definitely true for those two guys.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

In case of our boss his wife also hates him working from home. There's been many emails/phone calls he's had from the bathroom so the wife won't notice :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould